Chapter 4: Alliance

Beyond Our Titles (Sequel to The Alpha's Omega) [Boy/Boy]: Chapter 4: Alliance

Lauren's POV

               Jay stared at Jacoby, my words obviously getting to him. "What would you know about it? You're not a father - you don't have anyone depending on you." 

"You're wrong - I have a whole District depending on me! They look up to me and expect me to do what's in their best interest!" I didn't want to yell or even fight with him but he was treating me as if I was inferior to him because I didn't have a spawn or pup, but I still had people depending on me. "Think about Jacoby - how would you feel if something happened to him and you could've stopped it?" I walked over to the crib and picked him up. "You were ready to kill me when you thought I was a Vampire but if I was able to get in here then so could've an actually Vampire." His face paled considerably. 

"Fine, we'll form an alliance, just stop saying stuff like that." He took Jacoby from me and held the pup close. I could see how much he meant to him and I smiled. "At least let me help you, you can't go alone." 

I shook my head adamantly, "I am going alone and it would be too conspicuous if I had others trailing me. Besides, you got caught last time." I teased. 

"That was mark's fault - never mind." 

I shrugged. "Either way. It still happened..." 

"Alright but be careful." I smiled and headed for the tent opening. "Lauren?" 

"Yeah?" I asked and turned. 

He shuffled from foot to foot as if he was contemplating whether or not to continue with his current question. "How long have you been seeing Jacoby? Your scent is always on him - I can't differentiate it from mine or even Mika's for that matter." Had I been around the pup enough to where my scent was covering up his very own DNA? 

I sat and thought about it. "I saw him the night I found out he was born - he was only a couple of days old then." 

               I sat in the parlor, my eyes heavy with sleep. My nightmares were taking over my sleep and there was nothing I could do to stop them. I didn't understand why they were suddenly appearing when I had lived for three months without them. I allowed myself to give into the deep wanting of darkness, ignoring the daunting fact that I would probably just be met with terrors. Everything swirled until it was too convoluted to make anything out. Suddenly, everything cleared and I was standing in the center of the pack. They were neither angry nor calm; the apprehension was thick and stifling in the air. "Lauren, how could you leave us?!" Kat shouted with her eyes large and watered. "How could you betray us?!" 

"I-I didn't..." I fell to my knees, no longer able to stand by myself. "I didn't betray you." I sobbed. 

Jay stepped out of the crowd with a largely pregnant Mika by his side. "You betrayed us Lauren - you joined the Demon District and now you have acted as a spy!" I began to tremble as he neared, crouching right in front of me. 

"I-I'm sorry." I couldn't control the stutter and I cursed myself for it. 

His lips lightly grazed my cheek. "No need to be." No sooner had his lips left my skin before it was burning. The smell of cooking flesh filled my nose as a searing pain over took the left side of my face. My fingers cupped my cheek as bits began to fall off as if it was being eaten by acid. I cried out as my tears burned the gaping wound. 

"Lauren." Kat whimpered and was ordered away by Jay. "Lauren!" Mark and another grabbed her arms while she continued to kick. "Alpha please!" She screamed louder.