Bearer of Thy Oath (XXXIII)

Start from the beginning

He sarcastically remarked, "Maybe I should give you a round of applause."

Raphael sneered, "Cockiness will only blind you and lead to your downfall, Solomon."

Adriel gave a grin that showed off his perfect pearly white teeth, "En."

He disappeared from his spot and reappeared in front of Raphael. His hand gripped onto Raphael's face and pushed forward, slamming Raphael's back onto the ground. The floor caved in from the immense force and cracked apart.

Raphael gasped as he hit the ground. He could feel many of his bones had been broken from this one move.

Adriel looked down at him. His eyes were extremely cold and bloodthirsty, there wasn't a shred of humanity left in him. Not giving Raphael the chance to retaliate, he yanked his head up and smashed it back onto the ground. Again and again, he bashed Raphael's head ruthlessly. By the time he was finished, Raphael's head had been pulverized so bad that you couldn't even tell that the seraph in his hand was Raphael or that it was even a seraph and not just a lump of flesh.

He stood up and turned around. His lips were curved into a beautiful arc shape, his face had splatters of blood on it. He looked like a true madman. The other angels who laid their eyes on him trembled with horror at the ghastly sight.

As the fight progressed, the angels became destitute. Even when the demons were inflicted with a heavy or deep injury, they would act as if nothing had happened and charged at them mindlessly. They weren't like that of the demons that had fought before that had intelligence and knew of pain, but they were like that of marionettes.

Mind numbing howls were heard from within the walls of the Throne room. What made it more chilling was that it had all originated from the angels. Cacophonous laughter came from the demons as it blended with the howling. A haunting and spine chilling hymn played like continuous melody.

It seemed that the more blood was spilled, the higher the blood lust rose in the air.

At a glance, one could tell that the angels were losing horribly. They were ganged up by mindless demons and ripped into shreds of guts and flesh.

As the genocide continued, Adriel walked up to him, "Why didn't you help your 'children'?"

He circled around the throne and smeared his bloody hands on it. He spoke in a very slow and nonchalant voice, "Oh, I forgot.... You can't move."

Adriel gave a petrifying laughter and plunged his hand deep into God's chest. His hand was glowing with a strange light. He inched his face closer to God's face, "Why didn't you save him? Why did you kill him?"

Since Adriel had snapped, he had immobilized God and sapped his energy. He wanted him to watch his very creations turn against and kill each other. It brought him great satisfaction as he watched God's emotionless face crack, showing despair and heartache.

Adriel couldn't careless about this world anymore, it could disappear for all he could care about. This world was meaningless without him here. He suddenly thought of Kasimir in the amidst of his rage and calmed down slightly. What about Kasimir?

The only thought in his mind was 'protect him'. He didn't have a reason why, it just naturally came to him. One thing that he has imprinted in his heart was that he cannot lose Kasimir as he did with Uriel. He is currently within a safe place, that is where he will stay until he has gotten rid of everything. Then.... Then he will... He will... Will.... What will he do then?

Wait for Uriel's soul to reincarnate? He shook his head inwardly, it was long gone already in this world. Though he doesn't know how or why he knew, but he understood that there was no chance of getting Uriel back. So what then...?