4th Arc: Silence (I)

Ains finally returns back to the system's space.

[Welcome back host! We've made it through thre-]

Bao Bao stopped and looked at his host. Ains had tears falling down his cheek. Bao Bao didn't know what to say to comfort his host.

[Host...]

Ains smiles bitterly, "What do I do, System.... It gets harder and harder to leave him."

Bao Bao flew over and rubbed himself against Ains' arm. [It's alright host. Everything will be okay. You'll see him again soon....]

Ains patted Bao Bao's body and whispered softly, "And I will soon lose him again too."

This time Ains slept for a whole week before her reverted back to normal, even though you could see the sadness in his clear light blue eyes. Sometime when he would sleep, tears would form in his eyes. Bao Bao would always wipe it for him.

Bao Bao coughed. [Congratulations Host, you've completed your third world! Your left over balance after shopping was 60 points.

For completing the main tasks in D level world, you received 750 points. For the side mission you received 500 points. For completing seven hidden missions you received a total of 18,952. Your total goes up to.... 20,260 points! Hehe~ Bao Bao is so proud of you! ♡✧( ु•⌄• ) )

Ains, "Mmn..... Thank you, System."

Bao Bao blushed. Aw! My baby is so cute! Hehe, slowly but surely he's opening his heart to Bao Bao.

[Because host had completed all the hidden missions inside the previous world, the higher ups has granted host two options to choose from the list. Host, here are the selective choices for the available skills:]

{Skills:

Cooking

Communications

Acting

Singing

Painting}

In Bao Bao's mind he's chanting for his host to use cooking. He didn't want his baby to starve in the next world. What if there's no one to cook for host? What if 'son-in-law' comes late and host had died of starvation?! Ah, no! My baby! There's only going to be his skeleton left! His mind was racing through a million different scenarios of how Ains was going to starve to death.

While Bao Bao was making himself panic, Ains clicked on 'cooking' and 'painting'. This time, he wanted to leave something behind for his lover. Bao Bao quickly rubbed himself against Ains cheek.

[Bao Bao will await your return, host!]

Before he was swallowed up by the light, Ains gave Bao Bao a soft peck on his round body.

---

When Ains opened his eyes, the room was filled with various types of ingredients and different types of cooking utensils and cooking utilities. There were many stations set around the large room, all with their ingredients on the counter top.

The same mechanical voice comes on, "Welcome, here you will learn many techniques in cooking. After you have mastered your culinary skills, you will transported to the next training field."

The stoves all turn on in a flash and knives flew to the cutting boards at each station.

---

Ains spent twenty years in the cooking field space before he mastered the every possible cooking ways there was possible. In the next field, Ains spent fifty years perfecting the art of painting. He took his time meticulously with each stroke as it touched the canvas. His paintings all contained pieces of his memories with is lover.

When Ains finally got out, Bao Bao hugged onto him and cried. [Bao Bao was sooooo lonely, host. Wuuuu~ Bao Bao though that host was burnt to crisps in the training field! AHHHH~ *sob* *sob* Bao Bao thought that Bao Bao wouldn't get to see host anymoreee~ Wuuu~ (˃̩̩̥ɷ˂̩̩̥)]

Ains rubbed his body and smiled, "I'm back."

Bao Bao snuffled. If he had a face he would've had snot running down his nose as well as the tears streaming out of his face. [Un! Host is back!]

After calming down, Bao Bao finally remembers about the points. [Would host like to view the store?]

Ains, "En."

The store screen popped up and Ains filled the shopping cart with two items, 'Peerless Mask' and 'Earring of Hypnotism'. His points dropped down to 14,510.

The 'Peerless Mask' would make it so the owner's facial expressions wouldn't portray their inner feelings. Every expression owner make will be perfect in any way shape or form.

A white jester mask appeared in his hands. It was expressionless and it had a single blue teardrop mark under his left eye. Ains placed it on his face. The moment it touched Ain's face it seemed to merge with his skin. It shortly overlaid on top of his face before disappearing.

The 'Earring of Hypnotism', would grants the owner the ability to hypnotize someone. The person/ thing has to be lower in mental power than the owner to work. It had a 24 hour cool down after it's use initially, but the item was one of the few that could upgrade and it's cool down time would be reduced with each upgrade.

At +1, it would reduce the time to 22 hours for 2,000 points. At +2, 18 hours for 4,000 points. At +3, 12 hours for 8,000 points. At +4, 6 hours for 16,000 points. At +5, 5 minutes for 32,000 points.

It was a gold triangle stud earring that had silver incantations on it. Ains placed it over his right earlobe and it instantly pierced into his flesh. Bao Bao was shocked and quickly flew over.

[Gyaaa! Did that hurt? Are you okay, host? Are you bleeding, host? Are you....]

Ains reassured Bao Bao that he was fine. It was only a small piercing after all. Ains clutched his hands tightly, he finally had two of the items he needed. He recalled that 'man' and his 'mother' and a dangerous glint flickered in those cold eyes. Ains upgraded the the earring to +2, making his points drop to 8,510 points.

Although it may seem like a waste, in the long run it will become useful once you've completed all of the upgrade. After his melodramatic motherly self, Bao Bao cleared his throat.

[Host, are you ready to go to the next world?]

Ains, "En."

[Initializing transfer... 45 seconds until transfer... 30 seconds... 20... 10... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0!] 

Ains opened his eyes to see himself in a hospital room. It looked rather large and seemed to be for those of the upper status. There were patient monitor and ekg machine that he was hooked up to. The back of his head ached immensely.

The door to his room, slid open and in came a woman in a nurse outfit. She jumped in surprise, "Oh my! You're awake!"