Chapter Twenty-Six: Floating Marks

"You ever read that story about the Great Flood?" Damien asked Mark who stood in front of him, the latter having his hands held behind his back by the henchmen. The agent did not even attempt to reply, he just scowled at him. "A flood so devastating that it wiped out every living thing inhabiting the earth."

"Let me guess," Mark sighed, blowing on the strands of his hair away from his face, "You're gonna use the death ray to melt the ice in the North and South Pole and cause a massive flood."

Dark's men tore off his leather jacket and stripped him of his weapons, recovering the pink mustache gun, spare magazines, and the Tiny Box Tim figure which were all discarded on the floor between him and Dark.

"DING! DING! BINGO!" The man cheered, brushing his red hair back, "But! I'm not the one causing the flood, I'm just helping speed up the process, if you will. Because let's face it, humans have been polluting the earth since the dawn of man."

"You're not God, Dark." Mark said.

"I'm not trying to be one, but I can be one." Damien said, "I've seen the evil of the place we once called home." He pointed to the blue planet outside, stepping back and revealing a big red button on a pedestal, "It's time to press the reset button."

Mark narrowed his eyes.

"Get it? The reset button?" Dark laughed playfully.

"I get it." Mark rolled his eyes. "You don't know what you're doing, Damien. This is insane!"

"Oh no, my dear friend, the only insane person here is you thinking that you can change people. I'm pretty much sane." Dark pursed his lips and clasped his hands together. "What's the status on the death ray?" He looked down below at the men working in front of screens.

"Ninety percent done, sir." A worker said.

"Excellent."

Mark's eyes scoured the place, looking at the ceiling above that had pipes and wires on them. The walls were cluttered with circuitry and gauges each serving a purpose in Damien's master plan. He was suddenly distracted by a shimmer of red on the wall opposite the large window, and there a few feet above them was a small ruby, placed inside a glass case held in place by wires and prongs that harnessed powers from it.

"Don't you just hate it when things take a while to load?" Dark sighed, scratching his head with his bandaged hand.

Mark then spotted the TBT figure on the floor. He replied with a grin, "Sometimes that short while is what a man needs."

The agent swiftly dug under his underwear, his fingers pulling out a small remote squeezed between his buttcheeks and pressing the button.

The small figure on the floor blew up, inflating in a split second.

Everyone within its radius were thrown across the room especially Mark and Dark, both of whom received the full impact of the bubble as it blew up to its size. The agent fell on his back on the floor, now free from the henchmen's grasp who were also with him on the floor groaning.

"MARK!" Seán shrieked through the scarf around his mouth.

Mark sat up seeing the giant bubble roll over his gun, his heart wildly pounding in his chest as things happened so fast his vision was a blur. As he pushed himself up, he felt a stinging pain in his right shoulder, and upon checking it he realized that the fall had damaged the device that aided his injured arm.

Dark was in a state of shock and anger as he groggily lifted his head. "You sneaky little shit." He said through gritted teeth.

Mark ran for his gun when the lights suddenly flashed red, and the loud wailing of sirens filled the room. Before he could even reach his gun, everything and everyone in the place not tied down began floating everywhere.