Chapter Twenty-Five: Man Versus Machine

Ethan backed away a few feet from them, doing his best not to show fear and worry, teeth gritted waiting for the four Google androids to make their move. Cold sweat dripped down the side of his face, he could hear his heart pounding wildly in his chest. He was the only one standing in their way, blocking the path that led to the cockpit.

"We have detected a potential threat that could interrupt the progress. It is our duty to eliminate it." They mumbled. "A trojan virus is trying to access the mainframe."

"You have to get through me." He said, with a degree of uncertainty.

Given that the Googles strongly resembled Mark, they were obviously leaner and bulkier than Ethan, he was like a twig compared to them, what made it more imposing was that they were most likely made of metal.

"Very well." They said. All four charged suddenly, their feet running in perfect sync.

A lump formed in the agent's throat seeing it as a four against one showdown. But he quickly launched his disc at them, spinning in the air.

Only for all of them to duck and miss it completely.

"Your weapon is useless against us." They threatened.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Ethan said, a smile on one side of his face.

The disc returned, hitting Yellow Google in the back of its head and knocking it off balance, slamming to the floor hard. Ethan caught the weapon and ran at them, holding it like brass knuckles and uppercutting Green Google making a loud clang as metal collided with metal. He then used its head as leverage to throw himself onto Red's shoulders, wrapping his leg around the android's neck and throwing it to the ground with a flip.

He was ready to break Red's neck when saw Blue running past them and to the door. Ethan immediately released Red and threw his crankdisc again hitting Blue's back. He ran to it and with all his strength pulled it back, the robot weighing more than twice as he knew what Mark weighed.

Ethan proceeded to trap Blue in a chokehold, until he felt the strands of his blue hair being pulled back, agonizing pain soaring in his scalp. The agent inadvertently letting go of Blue, but his foot was able to snake around its foot and tripped it. He backed away screaming in pain, his free hand holding the arm that yanked on his hair; Ethan swung his weapon and hit what he could tell was the forearm, there was a sound of crunching metal.

This released him and he spun on his spot, seeing Yellow's forearm bent in an awkward ninety degree angle.

In the corner of his eye was Red swinging at him. Ethan bent backwards and watched its fist fly mere inches over his face. He sprang back up but Green hurled its fist into his gut, and it nearly made him lose his meal and earned them a wheeze.

The agent fell to his knees grabbing his stomach, catching his breath after the oxygen was punched out of his system. He was then kicked in the back with brutal force by Blue, making him hit his face on the steel grates.

He was on the ground writhing in pain, but was immediately picked up by Blue then hurled like he was nothing but a rag doll. Ethan felt the surge of pain when he crashed into the door to the cockpit, his body creating a minor dent to it.

He pushed himself up with trembling arms, his clouded vision spotting his weapon discarded on the floor behind the four androids.

"God, do I always have to get the worst injuries?" Ethan groaned, balancing himself as he stood, feeling the soaring pain all over his body.

"What do you expect from a man versus machine showdown?" Red answered.

"You cannot defeat us, Ethan." Blue said.