Chapter 26: Just Another Day V

Start from the beginning

Sadly the Emerald Forest is the only forest nearby that I could enter, Forever Fall was simply too far and there were no other forests for quite some distance. Annoyingly Ozpin corrected his mistake and the training ended after only two months, we had used this trunk to store supplies, weighted clothes, and spare clothes. She took fighting seriously, her strikes would have killed a normal student, she requested the same in return, turning our sparring matches into real fights. I reached in and took out one of Raven's ribbons that she used to tie her hair back, this trunk was all I had left, everything else from the tunnels is gone now, well there was my sword which I left in Ruby's locker.

I was about to destroy it when I heard the sound of gunfire come from outside the cave, I shut the trunk and ran out to find Yang, Velvet, and Yatsu dealing with a good number of Grimm. Perhaps I let my emotions slip and the Grimm had gotten drawn to me, but that doesn't explain how they ended up here with the Grimm. Regardless, I stepped in to help them though after destroying a few I left, I couldn't do all the work for them. Heading to one of the nearest puzzles, surprisingly I found Fox and was about to laugh when I saw that he smashed his way through the wooden puzzle box.

(F/N): "Brute force method, not bad."

Fox: "It was made of wood, easiest solution was to break it."

(F/N): "I'm somewhat surprised, I think you're the first to a puzzle and you're the blind one."

Fox: "I'm not completely blind, what made you think that?"

(F/N): "The white eyes."

Fox: "Their caused by a medical condition from birth, a genetic trait that runs in the family."

(F/N): "To think we've known each other for a year and yet we've talked so little."

Fox: "Because I don't like talking to you."

(F/N): "Wow, I'm hurt, I think I'm going to cry now."

Fox: "At least I'm telling the truth."

(F/N): "And what's that supposed to mean?"

Fox: "These test of yours, well Velvet might be fine playing along, but I can speak for Coco and Yatsu when I say we don't like getting dragged out of bed just to get launched into a forest."

(F/N): "I don't think a lot of people enjoy getting launched into a forest, your point?"

Fox: "My point is that the others won't tell you that." I look at him for a moment.

(F/N): "Is my mind still screwing with me?"

Fox: "I don't know." He throws me the chess piece from the box. "I do know that I'm heading back to Beacon for breakfast, then I'm going to do the workout I had planned." He walks off, leaving me with the white king piece in my right hand.

(F/N): "Now I remember." The chess piece vanishes. "Him and Yatsu piss me off sometimes."

Heading back towards the cliff I came across the ruined temple, to think the people of Remnant were once religious, there were many to choose from. To think about all the things lost in the past, not just religion but also ideas, I had met a few great minds in my travels, some could say they were ahead of their time. Empires, kingdoms, tribes, so many people gone, all the faces just start to blur, sometimes I even forget what Ozpin looked like in the beginning. I hear the bushes shake, looking over it was everyone except Fox, somehow they managed to regroup.

Ruby: "(F/N)? Yang said they saw you, but how are you here?" She asked as they walked up to me.

(F/N): "Ozpin."

Velvet: "Well that's good to hear."

(F/N): "Yeah."

Ruby: "Are you okay?"