Chapter Ten

Semyon's POV

I was nervous. I was so nervous. I was going to meet my son. My son! Wow, way to repeat everything over and over again, my subconscious tells me.

Like I said, I was nervous. I couldn't figure out what to wear, or how to act. I was scared I would screw everything up again. If it weren't for that drunken night, I guarantee you that Cameron and I would have been married by now.

I decided on wearing a nice pair of black jeans and a white button down shirt. I rolled the sleeves up slightly and left one button undone by the collar. I gelled my hair and trimmed my beard. I needed to look my best for my, dare I say it, family.

I put Cameron's address into the GPS on my phone and followed the directions of the annoying computerized voice coming through the speaker. My palms started sweating as I heard I was a mile from my destination. My breathing was becoming hitched. I started sweating everywhere. Luckily I brought a bottle of Axe with me. Hopefully that will kill off the body odor.

"Your destination is to the left in 200 feet," the voice comes through the speaker.

I took a deep breath and I pulled into the driveway. I looked up at the nice townhouse towering above me. This was definitely an upgrade from her small, crammed apartment from several years ago. But you all could be living in a nice house together as a family, my subconscious tells me.

I turned off the car and I grabbed the bouquet of flowers I had gotten on my way to my apartment after I saw Cameron today, then I shoved a game used puck into my pocket for Cooper. I looked down nervously at the light pink carnations, hoping she didn't think these were too cheesy. Oh, God, they're terrible!

I sighed in defeat as I slowly brought myself to the door. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. It felt like it was an eternity before the door slowly swung open. On the other side of the white door stood Cameron. She wore a white sundress that cut off just above the knee. Her curls were now pinned back and her makeup was simple, yet elegant. I couldn't help but smile widely at her. Oh, God. I bet I look like a freak!

"Hi, Semyon," she whispers, a small smile managing to creep from her lips. I got her to smile! Yes!

"Hello, Cameron," my voice shakes in a whisper, my hands gripping the flowers I had bought her.

"Come in, come in," she escorts me inside by softly tugging at my arm, pulling me inside the house.

She closed the door as I stood there awkwardly. In front of me was a staircase. To my left it looks like a hallway that led to the living room. To my right was the dining room. I felt a tap on my shoulder to release me from my daze. I turned around and I saw Cameron staring up at me, her blue eyes sparkling.

"I, uhh, I bought you these flowers," I stutter, holding out the bouquet to her.

"Thank you," she smiles sweetly at me, slowly taking the flowers from me. "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous," I blurt out. "I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"It will be okay. Awkward, but okay," she tries to give a reassuring smile, but I know she doesn't mean it.

I was so nervous. I didn't want to screw anything else up. I wanted my son in my life, and I wanted Cameron in my life. I loved Cameron, I never stopped loving her. I cleaned up my act, I stopped drinking, I went to therapy. Not because I wanted to win her back, but because I knew I had to be a better person regardless of who I ended up with. I will never forgive myself for hurting Cameron, ever. I simply cannot. I hurt the most precious thing in the world, and it came back to bite me in the ass.