Chapter Seventeen

"So, I think it is time I got that explanation." Semyon says as he lies down on the bed.

"I know you deserve one. You deserve to know a lot about what has happened within the last four and a half years," I whisper, pulling an oversized tshirt from my dresser and quickly changing out of the clothes I had worn on this long day.

"Then tell me. I promise I won't judge," he says sincerely, patting the empty space beside him on the bed.

I crawl into the bed and I pull the blankets over me, soon feeling Semyon's warm body scoot closer to mine. His secure arm wraps around my frail shoulders as I lean into him.

"I don't know where to start," I whisper, looking down at my shaking hands.

"From the beginning," he replies with a kiss to my temple.

"Gabe and I became close after you and I went our separate ways. He vowed to me that he would never mention a word to you about Cooper or myself." I hold his hand.

"Which is understandable," he responds with a squeeze to my hand. "Keep going."

"He fell in love with me, I was fighting my feelings for you still. I felt like I was in some insane love triangle, even if you weren't there. But I decided that I had to try to move on, so I went on a date or two with him." I look up at him. "I was just trying to find a male figure to have in Cooper's life."

"Did you sleep with him?" Semyon raises his eyebrows.

"No, I did not." I confirm, hearing him sigh in relief.

"Good," he laughs, but then turns serious. "Now tell me about your job."

"I don't think I can. You deserve to know, but I don't think I can get past the mental images of everything," my voice cracks.

"Shh, Cameron, honey. It's okay. Tell me when you're ready," he whispers and kisses my cheek softly.

Just then there was a knock on my bedroom door. There was no doubt that it was Cooper. I smile to myself as I see his head poke in with his stuffed Bernie, a smile spread across his face.

"Can I sleep with you guys tonight?" Cooper asks sweetly.

I look over at Semyon and he nods. "Of course, darling. Come here," I smile and I make room for him on the bed.

Cooper crawls in between both Semyon and I. He gets under the covers and I kiss his head.

"Bernie and I heard a noise. We got scared," Cooper explains and he lays his head back on one of the pillows.

"You know Daddy will fight off any monsters, right?" Semyon says as we all lay down together.

"Because Daddy is kick ass!" Cooper exclaims, causing my eyes to throw wide.

"Cooper, don't say that word!" I state, raising my eyebrow. "That is a very bad word."

"Sorry, Mommy," he pouts his lips and curls up with his Bernie.

I turn off the lamp on the nightstand as I only hear the sounds of us breathing. As I was about to fall asleep, I heard Semyon and Cooper whispering.

"Will you ask Mommy to marry you?" Cooper whispers.

"Yes, I will." Semyon replies.

"When?" Cooper asks.

"Don't want to ruin the surprise, little man." Semyon chuckles. "Get some sleep."

"Goodnight, Daddy. I love you." Cooper yawns.

"I love you too, Cooper." Semyon whispers and we all fall into a deep sleep.