Chapter Two

After I made a quick stop at the local grocery store, I rushed upstairs to my apartment. I burst through the door with my arms full of paper bags, sighing in relief once I put the bags on the counter. I invited the new goalie over for dinner. I couldn't believe it myself. I never had the nerve to ask a guy to hang out, let alone a rising star in the NHL.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 3:30. I decided to download my pictures onto my Mac laptop and deleted ones where the players may have blinked during their head shots. By the time I was done editing all my pictures, it was nearing 5:30. My nerves were starting to get the best of me. I took a deep breath before moving into my bedroom to change. Semyon was going to be here soon.

I looked through my closet and I groaned in defeat. I wanted to look nice for him, but I didn't own too many nice items of clothing. Finally a little black dress caught my eye. I pulled it out and inspected it. Hopefully I didn't look ridiculous.

I slipped into the dress and saw it was somewhat revealing. I feel a lump in my throat form as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I looked ridiculous, like I was trying way too hard. I tried to pull the front of my dress up, hoping it would cover a little more. It was no use. I finally decided to give up and just keep it on. I put on a pair of high heels I kept under my bed, matching the dress perfectly.

I reapplied my makeup and brushed my teeth. I put on light pink lip gloss and some jewelry. Heart shaped earrings hung off my ears and a simple silver chain draped around my neck. I looked at my phone and saw it was 6:30. I really took my time to get ready.

I hustled to the kitchen and started to make beef stroganoff. It was honestly my favorite meal; I could eat it almost every single night. I cooked the hamburger until it was brown on the stove. I began to mix the rest of the ingredients with the meat, then I started to boil the noodles on the other side of the stove.

As I finished dinner, I quickly set the table. My eyes shifted to the clock and it was almost seven. He was going to be here any minute. I took a deep breath and I fanned myself with my hand. Before I could even process everything, I heard a knock on the door. I slowly made my way to the door, my hand shaking as I gripped the doorknob.

I slowly pulled open the door and my nerves instantly disappear. Semyon stood there with a dozen red roses in his hand. His hair was slicked back slightly as he wore black slacks and a white button up shirt that hugged his muscular body. Oh, goodness.

"Hello, Cameron!" Semyon smiles, his dimples showing as his eyes quickly scan my body. He licked his lips in satisfaction and then his eyes met mine, holding a sparkle.

"Hi, Semyon," I say calmly, stepping aside to allow him to walk inside.

He walks in and then turns to face me as I close the door. He licks his lips once again, his eyes taking another look at my body.

"You, beautiful," he smirks at me, soon handing me the flowers.

"Thank you," I smile, bringing the flowers up to my nose and smelling them. "You look very handsome."

"Thanks," he grins, his dimples making an appearance once again.

He followed me into the kitchen as I placed the flowers into a vase. I turned to face him as he looked over at the stove, eyeing the food I had prepared.

"Beef stroganoff?" he asks, raising his eyebrow at me.

I nod slowly and I pull a fork out of the silverware drawer. I dipped the fork in the food, soon holding it up in the air.

"Would you like to taste test it?" I ask shyly, placing my free hand underneath the fork so I wouldn't make a mess.

He leaned closer to the fork and closed his lips around it. His eyes never left mine as he swallowed the food and I slowly pulled the fork away from him.