12. Business Trip

Start from the beginning

"Normally I would fire those who come really late, and I would do the same to you as well...." He took a short break in his sentence making my heartbeat to increase dramatically. "But, I wouldn't want to go through the stupid process of going through all the applications and interviews, so consider yourself really lucky to have another chance."

"Thank you so much sir, I am really grateful." I replied right after he finished his sentence with an unwanted grin on my face.

Not grateful to be honest. Who would want to display their true feelings and get fired? Not me.

Grabbing one of his files he started to look through it, leaving me standing in the middle of the room. Nothing to do my eyes wondered off looking around the room, until it ended up landing on none other than him, who was sitting there, still examining the file while placing his finger across his chin. Placing his file on his table he got up from his chair and made his way towards me. Fixing myself I stood straight and looked up, attempting to appear confident. That's a new thing I was trying to improve on, which was to appear confident and strong in front of him.

He came near his desk and stood in his famous position. Leaning against his table and folding his arms, while staring directly into my eyes and this time I didn't look away. Was I doing the right thing by daring to look? I didn't know.

"I will be giving you the permission to go home early today." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Am I dreaming right now?

Right after rolling his eyes, which was extremely rude thinking about the fact that he was the employer, he made his way around his desk and sat down on his chair again.

"We would need to go to California during the weekends."

"What?" I semi-yelled. It made him snap his eyes towards me, making me regret right away.

He raised one of his brows towards me and asked, "Excuse me?"

"Sorry sir."

"Better. As I mentioned before, you will go home early today to pack your back, I'll be sending my car to your house to pick you up, so that I don't have you arriving late, again." He said while looking at me with the corners of his eyes.

Before I could get any angrier and pour all the anger out on him and cause more trouble, I fists my hands and dug my nails into my skin, to prevent myself from getting any more annoyed. With a fake smile on my face, I spoke up, "But isn't this a really short notice, sir?" It was true. He should've at least given me a few days to prepare.

"Miss Livingston, At the start of your job you were told that there may be unexpected trips. You may go back to your office and complete the work on your desk by 4 hours, email those work to me and then you may leave." He said in his usual stern voice while holding a black pen in his hand and looking down at some documents. Not bothered to say anything else I walked out of his office with long strides without any second glance at him. After leaving his office I marched my way to my office and slammed my door shut. Frustrated by his unexpected events and outbursts I stump my way towards my chair and drop my tired body on the comfy chair. Taking off my shoe I leaned back and closed my eyes trying to relax for 5 minutes before having to work non-stop, but I was interrupted by someone who turned the doorknob of my office to enter, and assuming that it was him I prepared myself to give him a fitting reply when I realised that it was actually Isa.

"Wow there! Calm down. I'm not a monster from out of space that's there to gobble you up." She said after being surprised by my expression.

"Sorry..." I said while rubbing my forehead attempting to reduce the anger and irritation that was within me. "Mr Stock is just so annoying! Urgh!" I carried on and sat back down while she sat down on the chair opposite me, with the desk that was to seperate us.