Ep 7: There's No Turning Back Now

Hey guys. A spooky one.
~~~

Shawn ran down the stairs almost tripping over himself as he tried to find his wife.

"Shawn!" He heard, "Hurry!"

When Shawn finally reached the first floor he looked for his wife and found her in the dining room. Only that a woman was crying desperately as she held Angela's arm.

"You have to help me find him! Please!" The woman cried as she shook Angela.

Shawn quickly stepped in and pulled Angela away. "Who the hell are you? How did you get in here?" Shawn asked the woman aggressively.

The woman looked like she was in pretty bad shape. Her clothes were ripped and her hair was wet and dripping on the floor. She had small cuts here and there and her eyes were blood shot red from crying. She was trembling like she was cold.

"Where is he? Where is he?" The woman asked repeatedly.

"Who!? Where is who?" Shawn asked.

"My son! Where did he go?" The woman finally said something else.

"Ma'am I don't know who your son is. We haven't seen anyone else. He probably just left your house." Shawn said calmly trying to guide the woman out of his house.

"No! No! He couldn't have left! He is just a baby!" The woman said and snatched away from Shawn. "I need to find him."

The woman ran towards the basement and Shawn quickly turned to Angela. "Call the police."

He followed the woman down to the basement and looked around.

The basement was completely empty except for the trail of water drops the woman was leaving behind

The basement was completely empty except for the trail of water drops the woman was leaving behind. Shawn began to follow them until they led him to a door. He slowly began to open it as it made a squeaking sound. He heard something but couldn't recognize it. Before he could step any further, a few bats flew out and pushed him out. He fell to the ground holding his heart.

Shawn was finally able to step in the small room. The thing was that it had no windows and no doors. Yet the woman wasn't there. There was no way she could've gotten anywhere else.

"Police! Put your hands up!" He heard.

Shawn slowly turned and put his hands up. "I was looking for the woman but I don't know where she went. She must be somewhere else in the house." Shawn explained.

"Some cops are searching the premises as we speak. Follow me to where your wife is so that we can ask you some questions."

Shawn nodded and followed behind the police officer. He saw his wife being checked out by some first aid people. "Are you okay?" He asked her.

"Yeah. It's just a bruise."

"Just a bruise!?" Shawn yelled, "how did that even happen?"

"I don't know. I guess from when she grabbed my hand but I don't know how she was capable of doing this." Angela said slowly.

"Can we ask you guys some questions?" The officer asked pulling out a notepad; both Shawn and Angela nodded.

"Can you describe this woman?"

"She was white, had long black hair, she was wet as if she had been in a pool or something of the sort. Her clothes were ripped and she was wearing a dress. She had a few scratches herself." Angela spoke.

"Any more details?"

"When touched her shoulder she was extremely cold like grabbing ice. She was so pale as if she was dead or something." Shawn spoke.

"What did she want?" The officer asked writing everything down.

"She told me she was looking for her son. She said he was a baby. A few minutes before she showed up we had heard some baby cries." Angela informed.

Before the officer could ask anymore questions the other officers came up. "She is gone. No trace. She might've been able to sneak out the house."

"What? How is that possible?" Shawn asked.

"The woman is probably just delusional. She may not even be dangerous." A younger officer said.

"Have you seen my wife's arm!?" Shawn exclaimed.

"Well there's not much we can do for now. We have no leads as to who she is or where she went." The officer that had interview Shawn said.

"What if she comes back?" Angela asked.

"You'll call us and we'll come back."

The officers soon left and Shawn sat on the steps with his head in his hands. "I don't understand." He spoke.

"I don't either. I told you there was something off about this house." Angela said.

"Are you still going on with that? She was probably just a crack lady that got lost."

"Shawn, you said it yourself. There was no way she could've given me that bruise. It doesn't make sense at all." Angela said desperately.

"So what are you saying it was?" Shawn asked.

"I don't know but something doesn't add up." Angela said.

That night while Shawn was sleeping peacefully, his wife laid wide awake. She still felt like something was wrong. She decided to investigate. She slowly stood up trying not to wake Shawn up and took out his laptop. She slowly sat on the bed and opened google. A various amount of headlines to news articles popped up.

Man murders his family in drunken rage.

School shooter killed after trying to shoot officers when resisting arrest.

Nurses murdered by crazy man.

Remains of failed actress found on an empty property. Body was cut in pieces, smile was carved on her face.

Murder/suicide: young mother kills herself after poisoning her children.

Angela stopped after reading the headlines. All these crimes had one thing in common. They all occurred on the house she was living in. She almost dropped the computer when she came across the last news article.

Young woman drowns as neighbors try to get her out the river. She was supposedly looking for her newborn baby.

Just as she was about to wake Shawn up she saw someone standing on the doorway. She was about to turn on the light but it ran off. She immediately shook Shawn, trying to wake him up.

"Shawn. Shawn. I knew it. Look at this." She said showing him.