The princess would be entering soon.

He tried to keep his gaze straight on, not quite knowing how he'd react when Jimin walked in. Didn't know if he could take it. This whole event was torment. The coronation was broadcast at every screen imaginable on school grounds, with students lined up gossiping at every turn. Even if he tried to get out of attending, the damn thing was unavoidable. Jimin was unavoidable.

Jungkook swallowed down the guilt he knew would flood in his heart if Jimin even threw him a single glance. Spring Break hadn't been innocent, and while Jungkook didn't explicitly have any sexual relations with anyone, he did slip back into his drinking. Surprisingly, Taehyung ended up at one of the parties Jungkook attended in Japan and the two somehow bonded together in this really strange, broken friendship in which both had shit on their minds that neither wanted to deal with. Seemed a get away to Japan wasn't exactly the most creative idea on either part.

Jungkook turned to glance at his unexpected buddy, the alien smirking knowingly at him before flashing an apologetic glance. Taehyung had been there to hold Jungkook's shaking body once the stuff he'd taken kicked in too hard - Jungkook spilling everything on his mind from his fractured heart. Jungkook likewise had listened to Taehyung's own surprising struggles when he was sober enough. Turns out that Taehyung truly had been struggling with earning all his credits this year, which was why he got so jealous of Jimin since princesses get half their credits practically for free. Taehyung was torturing himself over it since the threat of his family abandoning their failure of a son loomed above his head every day and it had almost pushed him over the edge. Jungkook guessed that's what solidified their companionship in the end. The fact that both boys were dealing with their own forms of fear to not be enough to uphold the expectations of those they care about.

The orchestra went quiet, and he could faintly hear the echo of footsteps out side of the ballroom. Everyone inside went quiet. Jungkook swallowed before clenching his jaw, staring off coldly into the chandeliers illuminating the entire room. He blinked once, holding back the emotions starting to pile up - wishing to sink back into his habits as there was no way he'd be able to stand an entire ceremony watching Jimin be as beautiful as ever - and know that it is and always will be a mirage that Jungkook could only ever stare at, but never again reach.

>>><<<>>><<<

>>><<<>>><<<

Jimin walked down the large halls filled with students, his dress flowing behind him, Seokjin and Ong steady behind his heels. Behind the trio is Taemin. An incoming freshmen boy enrolling next year, the boy to be crowned Jeju Academy's next princess as Jimin - for the first time in the history of the tradition - chose to step down from his term voluntarily.

Taemin looked stunning. Physically too, of course, but the dress he was wearing extenuated the boy's captivating androgynous features. He was tall and lengthy but with a strong collar bone and sharp shoulder. His face had a delicate mold to it, lips full and lashes as dark as his hair, though there shone an intellect in his dark gaze that could take anyone's breath away. Jimin grinned, as he had been the one to dress the youngest. It was his first time getting to dress someone else and Jimin most definitely didn't fuck it up. I mean, look at this dress.