Glass Slipper

Part Five

"Stop jumping so much," Jimin moaned out, almost biting Jungkook's ear

"Stop jumping so much," Jimin moaned out, almost biting Jungkook's ear. "It's tickling me." Jungkook scoffed as it was the younger's fault that he had to be carried on Jungkook's back in the first place. The pair were making their way back into the school when Jimin's heel got stuck in some mud. The boy tried to tug it out himself - as he wasn't about to have Jungkook lift him - and the heel broke.

Jimin had bit his bottom lip, pouting as his eyes watered - absolutely adorably, might I add. "I broke it," he whimpered, leaning down to pick up the broken bit, inspecting it as if to somehow reattach the piece using the shear will of God. "I don't want to have to sell my body -" he whispered out.

"Jimin," Jungkook breathed, "You won't have to - God stop listening to Taehyung. No one is selling anything."

Jimin nodded at that, but the problem still stood - Jimin was one shoe down.

Jungkook offered up his own but the look of horror at the boy's combat boots was enough of an answer. So now Jimin was on Jungkook's back, his hands wrapped around the nape of the boy's neck, and legs clinging around his waist.

Honestly, neither boy was all that happy about the situation.

>>><<<>>><<<

>>><<<>>><<<

"What in the hell-" Namjoon started as Jungkook carried Jimin into the Courts lunch space - on his back. Luckily the area was an entire classy recreational area used back when the academy had been instated as a functioning castle for members of the Courts only. So drama wouldn't be able to stir over the fact that the beloved princess was being carried by a student, leaning his head into his neck with the bottom of his dress completely covered in dirt and leaves.

Namjoon techinically wasn't supposed to eat in there due to never being a princess, but someone had to be there to cuddle Seokjin's stress away.

"Put. Him. Down," Jin spoke abruptly, setting down his tea and sitting up from Namjoon's arm which had been strung around his shoulders. Namjoon whined that his baby stood up, but everyone ignored him because even though he may top in bed, Seokjin wore the pants in that relationship.

Jimin jumped off of Jungkook, giving him another analytical glance - their gazes frozen for only a moment as Jimin parted his lips, closing them suddenly to swallow before turning around with his head held high. Jungkook regretting acting harsh earlier - as Jimin looked really shaken up. But the princess only sucked in a breath and his hand reached up to wrap around the metal of a skinny necklace. Jungkook hadn't noticed before. It must have been hidden and fallen out in all of the commotion.

"Minnie baby, are you alright?" Jin asked sweetly before throwing a sharp look at Jungkook. Jimin nods, slowly placing himself into one of the seats by the tea table placed by a large open window that had a breathtaking video of the school grounds. He leaned his chin into his palm, with his elbow resting near the tea cup. His collar bones and jaw structure were outlined in the sun, and for a moment Jungkook saw something flicker in those mesmerizing eyes of his. But whatever it was, it was replaced by a delicate smile when a senior and former princess Ong Seongwu came to ruffle Jimin's hair and pour him some tea.

Seokjin put his hand on Jimin's shoulder, whispering something to him that made Jimin giggle brightly, hiding his face in his sleeves with a big red blush painting over his nose.

Jungkook stared in awe as this Jimin was almost unrecognizable from the stubborn sass ass Jungkook encountered in the forest.

Seokjin made way to Jungkook - but Namjoon grabbed the older's wrist and held him back. "Don't be too harsh on him, Jin bear," Namjoon whispered sweetly as he tucked Jin's hair behind his ear and fluttered a kiss on the back of his neck. "I know you're angry baby, but don't forget to breath."

Jungkook knew he should be preparing to be tossed off the roof of the academy as Jin walked his way to pull him out of the Courts main hall, but he couldn't help but have his focused glued onto Jimin. Then again - having an angery Eomma Jin on yo ass snaps a kid out of any daze. Especially when you watch the explicate self control it takes Jin to slowly, calmly, lightly, close the door.

Seokjin took a breath and crossed his arms, eyes glued into Jungkook. "Explain yourself."

"Jimin's shoe broke."

"Not good enough."

"We - well I - we got lost, but Jin I think there's something more important, we saw-"

"More important?! More important!!" Jin's voice raised. "I don't understand Jeon. Taehyung leaves Jimin in your hands for one period. One. How do you - just look at Jimin, your meant to protect him! His reputation! His - it shouldn't be this hard."

"You don't understand-"

"Has Tae told you about what it takes to be a guard here?" Jin asked, the question burning and making Jungkook somehow not able to meet the older's gaze the way he knew he should. "God, I knew I should have gone with Hoseok." Jin muttered to himself as he shook his head.

"Jin I'm-"

"Don't." Jin snapped, turning around to re enter the Courts Hall, stopping at the door, having it half open. Jungkook could see Jimin through the crook of it, a beautiful smile decorating his face as he twirls his spoon in the tea cup, adding more and more sugar cubes when he thinks no ones looking. Not realizing his black tea was taking a page from Micheal Jackson.

"You can go finish the rest of your classes today, Jungkook."

"But-" Jungkook said, his breathing becoming fast. Somehow the thought of someone else looking after Jimin frightened him. It wasn't that he exactly liked the boy, but more so that he knew that there was more to his story than he presents, and that makes the boy dangerous. Vulnerable.

"I'll walk him back to his quarters once the day is done. Tell Taehyung to take the day off too." Jin said in a tone that told Jungkook that if he tried to fight it, then there'd be hell to pay. So he nodded, wanting one last look at the princess before he had to leave - but never got the chance as Jin slammed the door shut.

>>><<<<>>>><<<<>>>><<
A/N - so what do you guys think so far?

OFF TO LOLLAPALOOZA TOMORROW

Don't forget to comment and vote ❤️

- Violette 🌷