To Wave With Dignity [edited]

Part Thirty-One

"Jimin, you know you don't have to do this," the head of the Courts spoke softly

"Jimin, you know you don't have to do this," the head of the Courts spoke softly. "We all understand. If anything I can get Ong to step in for a while. He was the last reigning princess before you so the students are most familiar with him." Jin said, intending to be kind but to Jimin it came across as slightly overbearing. The older smiled softly, eyeing the sitting princess as Jimin locked his jaw, poking his tongue into his cheek in annoyance before quickly drawing it back.

The blond boy glanced at himself in the vanity which he was seated in front off. Honestly, he looked a lot more out together than he felt. His cheeks were full of color, eyes bright. Nothing out of the ordinary on the surface. The window was cracked open slightly, and he took a breath to let the wind sweep through it, hitting him gently. The coldness of the breeze he didn't expect, but the Fiji Fresh finish was worth the goosebumps that accompanied it.

Jimin smiled to himself, before turning to face Seokjin and then at the delicate minty green fabric of his princess dress. He'd gotten this one two days after his coronation as an incoming freshmen, and wore it his very first time princessing. The whole coronation process had been so frightening. So many eyes on him. So much responsibility. And yet - he had loved it the second the crown was placed on his head. It validated everything he was afraid of, and the feeling of being whole had washed over him - which might sound cheesy, but to Jimin it was grate.

It's funny how far it seems

It's funny how far it seems. Freshmen year. The start of it, actually. It's almost as if decades have passed and at the same time no time at all. Still, seeing that dress gave him some forgotten strength. Seokjin must have picked knowing it would, he's thoughtful like that.

"What's on the schedule today?" Jimin asked sweetly as he ran a hand down his dress, admiring the innocent cut out of it. Jin clenched his jaw stubbornly before softening up his expression, shifting so that he faced Jimin. He tilted his head fondly, letting out a kind, worried breath.

"Minnie-," Jin spoke and Jimin chocked up at the nickname. He bit his lip, gazing into his dress so hard you'd think he could set it on fire with his eyes as he fought the tears building up. The younger was pushing down the fact that he had to acknowledge last night as an actual passage of time. Honestly, if Jimin truly let himself process everything that happened, he wouldn't be able to handle it. Another attack would come on as in the Ferris Wheel, although it was a gamble wether or not the boy would be able to recover from it this time.