15 | she's back

It's literally 3:06 am here on Dec 26 but I wanted you guys to have a Christmas gift. I don't know why you guys will like my gift all that much though 🤪🤪🤪 Don't kill me jk! Enjoy and Merry Christmas! Buon Natale!

I ended up taking a frustration nap after hearing Lisa's voicemails over and over. I felt even more tired now than when I went to sleep. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes.

I felt my phone vibrating nearby my feet. I sighed and stretched before I took it. I don't know why I was so disappointed to see that it was Franco, and not Lisa. I sighed and answered. "Hey Franco," I said. "I just woke up from a nap. What's up?"

"Some of us are hanging out in the pub for dinner and drinks. You should come!" He said with the typical pub noises in the background. "I'll buy you a drink."

I was in the mood to just rest and not go out but then again, being all cooped up in this room wasn't going to help. Maybe seeing my friends would be beneficial for me to take my mind off of things. "Yeah sure, I'll just get dressed."

"Cool, cool, see you!"

I started getting ready by changing into a simple pants-sweater combo and some lip tint just to bring life to my face. I brushed my hands with my hair before grabbing my wallet, keys, and phone.

Upon heading inside, I decided to rush a bit to the pub because it was looking like it was about to rain. New York was starting to get colder and the rain was becoming more frequent. I always thought that New York was matching up with my moods. When I was with Lisa, it was always sunny and warm.

Now...

Now, I guess it rains a lot.

I made it into the pub before the rain could even start to fall. I felt the warmth of the pub embrace me immediately upon stepping in. Despite finals week approaching, the pub was still full of uni students. I found Franco, Brent, and Fifi at the usual table, already having some drinks and nachos.

"Rosiiiiie!" Fifi called out before coming up to hug me. "How's my favourite Korean-Australian?"

"Do you know any other Korean-Australians?" I chuckled. "But yeah, I'm good. I just came from a nap so I'm tired. Where's Jennie and Taehyung?"

"You're the only Korean tonight." Brent said jokingly. "But nah, Jennie said she was with Jisoo and Taehyung's gonna follow later on after he finishes his homework or whatever."

I nodded and sat down, immediately grabbing a nacho. "How have you guys been?"

They looked at each other before looking at me. "Honey," Brent started. "We should be the one asking you that."

"Huh?"

"You haven't been acting like yourself lately. We miss the happy, bubbly Rosé we all love." Fifi said.

I laughed weakly. "I'm just... not really in a good mood these days."

"You look even sadder now. Has something happened?" Franco asked.

I gulped and debated on whether or not I should tell them. On one hand, I really wanted to share what I was feeling. On the other, I knew they would hate Lisa if I told them about it... and I didn't want that.

"No reason." I lied. "I'm just...down."

They nodded and stayed silent for a moment before Franco's phone started ringing. Jennie was calling him.

"Well, Imma go to the bartender for now." I told them. "I kinda want a cocktail... and maybe some food."

They nodded and let me order at the bar. I ordered a Spritz and some fries from the usual bartender. I waited for a moment as he prepared my drink.