"Why should I believe that?"

"You don't have to, but it's the truth. I was mindless jock who did nothing but torment people and I feel horrible about it. I've always wanted the chance to see you again and apologise for what I did. I really am sorry."

The apology she'd wanted for over a decade had finally come, but there was one word he said that stuck with her.

"People? There were other people you did this to?"

"Just one." Finn sighed and shifted in his seat, preparing to launch into a long story.

"One night on the summer break before college, we were on our way to a party with a few guys from the football team. On the way we saw this guy who was African American, totally minding his business and Gus decided to just start teasing him. We stopped him and took off his earphones he had plugged in, his backpack, and his hoodie and just yelled at him basically. But I just froze when the guys started punching him.

"I'll never forget the sound of his voice as he cried for them to stop, but they just hit him harder and harder. I really couldn't stand it anymore. I mean, the targeting and hatred, it made no sense when I thought about it. They'd convinced me that there were some sort of lines to be drawn, but they were wrong. I was wrong. So I stopped them but they just looked at me like I was insane.

"We had a fight that basically ended our friendship because I told Gus I couldn't continue being so hateful. The guy they beat up was still lying on the pavement. I called 911 and when the ambulance came I was surprised when he said he wanted me inside with him. He was hurt badly, like a busted nose and lots of bruises on his body.

"I waited until they finished patching him up and the nurses told me he was waiting to see me. I asked him why he wanted me there, why he wasn't screaming at me to leave him alone or pressing charges there and then. You know what he told me?"

Kenadie shook her head, fully invested in Finn's story at this point.

"He told me that he understood why we roughed him up. We were ignorant, insecure teenagers who knew nothing about the world and we took out our pain on him. He said the fact that I stopped them meant I had some good in me. No one had ever said anything like that to me before and I couldn't believe it'd been said by someone who, before that day, I would've just ignored.

"He showed love, and love is a powerful thing. If I had had any in me, I never would've roughed him up. I never would've called you names. I am really, truly sorry Kenadie."

As his monologue drew to a close, Kenadie felt tears flood her eyes and wash over her cheeks. She never thought she'd be so touched by anything Finn had to say. When she turned to face him, she saw that he was crying through the story too. She felt guilty for not having a heart as big as Finn's stranger, but with a little work, she hoped she could get there.

"It's not going to be easy for me to forgive you Finn," she said.

"I wouldn't expect it to be. But the fact that I'm sitting with you and you haven't tried to kill me is enough," Finn smiled.

She let out a small laugh.

"With a little work, I could try though," she said.

The two of them hugged it out and decided they wouldn't bring up their conversation with anyone else. At least not today.

"Congratulations by the way. You and Seb looked so happy on that dancefloor. That's exactly what he needs; happiness."

The second Kenadie stepped through the doors of the reception hall, Sebastian ran to her.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, we sorted things out," she cast a glance at Finn.

"Anything I should know?"

"No, not now. Right now, we dance," she said, pulling Sebastian to the dancefloor.

* * *

Goodbyes were said and before she knew it, the wedding was over. The couple were currently in an elevator with their suitcases, headed to their hotel room. Her feet felt numb and she realised she'd spent eight straight hours in high heels. If she listened closely enough, she could almost hear the bed calling her name.

"Words cannot explain how tired I am," Sebastian's thick voice reverberated through the small space.

Kenadie groaned her agreement. "We really need to shower right now."

He raised his eyebrows and shot her a cheeky grin, making her realise what she'd just implied.

"Alone, separately. I think it's too soon for that," she clarified.

The elevator doors opened and they made their way to their room. As the door opened, she saw a trail of red rose petals that ran from the living area and exploded onto the bed. On one bedside table was a bottle of champagne sitting in a bucket of ice and a folded note next to it.

Kenadie left her suitcase and went over to pick up the note. Sebastian stood right behind her.

This is our little treat for the two of you for your first night together.

Enjoy!

Love, the experts

Check the drawer for envelope

The couple exchanged looks before Sebastian pulled open the aforementioned drawer. Inside it was a plain white envelope with what looked like another letter inside.

"Let me read it first this time," Sebastian said.

Kenadie knew that a protest would only delay the process and she was desperate to know what this was about.

She watched as the man read the letter to himself, a smile slowly growing on his face. Each time she tried to inch closer to have a peek he gently pushed her away.

"Come on, come on what is it?"

She felt like a kid begging for candy as she jumped up and down to read the letter. But without her heels, she was much shorter than Sebastian which left her at a huge disadvantage.

He handed her the paper. Her excitement meant that Kenadie could barely read it, instead having a few keywords jump at her.

Honeymoon

Two weeks

All expense paid

Mauritius

"I can't believe it!"

Kenadie launched at Sebastian, the impact sent them collapsing onto the queen-sized bed and rose petals flew everywhere. As her adrenaline levels lowered, she felt the pain of crashing into his hard body creeping up on her.

"Ouch," she groaned. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

He pecked her on the cheek.

"I can't wait to go on honeymoon."

A/n: Hey there, thanks so much for reading?

What are your thoughts on Finn and his story and what do you think about Kenadie's response? Let me know in the comments.

Also, Honeymooooon!