Well it is simply all about normality.

"Matéo!" Adeline cries, tears streaming down her face.

"It hurts!" She whimpers.

Matéo doesn't even know what to do.

He holds her and tells her that everything will be alright, even if he doesn't know that.

She squeezed her brother's hand so tightly, that his fingers turn a deep shade of strangled purple.

He barely winces.

"You're nearly there, Mrs Santiago" the doctor tells her, encouragingly.

Several moments later, after another agonising push, the soft cries of the newest Santiago bounce off of the walls of the hospital room.

Matéo watches in awe as his new child is nimbly carried by the nurse and he then is given a blade to cut the umbilical chord, which he does, after wiping his eyes, full of concentration.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Santiago, you have a little boy!" The doctor smiles.

"We'll just wash him up and then you'll get to hold him" the doctor reassures them both.

Adeline and Matéo smiles widely and Elijah hugs his sister gently before bro- hugging Matéo.

But then things take a swift turn of events.

Before Matéo or Adeline have the chance to hold their precious child, a nurse whisks him off.

"Doctor! A moment please?" One of the nurses call for him nervously.

The doctor rushes off to see to the nurse.

"What is it?" The doctor responds confused.

"It's the baby" she says.

"He's not breathing!" She says stricken.

Her skin has paled and it has become clear to the doctor that the boy is in danger if he can't breath on his own.

"Doctor?" Matéo asks, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Where is my son?" He asks.

The doctor tells Matéo the situation and his heart drops.

"Will he... Be okay?" Matéo asks, stuttering a little.

He is in too much pain to even cry.

His baby...

In critical condition.

He returns to his wife's side and informs both Adeline and his brother in law of the current situation.

Adeline immediately burst into tears and is hugged by Elijah and Matéo in attempt to console her.

"Will- is he going to be okay?" Adeline asks, her voice only a whisper.

"I'm sure he will" Matéo responds.

"If he is anything like his parents, he will be fine" Elijah says, trying to cushion the situation a bit.

The doctor comes back in the room.

"Mr Santiago, will you discuss the child's current condition for a moment?" The doctor asks.

Matéo nods and stands up.

"Why don't you try and think of some more names for our kid, huh?" He tells his wife, wiping some tears from his eyes and going to meet the doctor.

The doctor informs Matéo of what happened, saying that the newborn was struggling to breath on his own and it could take a couple of weeks for him to get better.

Fresh tears fall down Matéo's cheeks.

He was never one to cry, but in this case he couldn't help it.

He cried tears of joy at the new hope of his child's survival and he cried tears of agony at not being able to see the boy's face right at that moment.

He thanks the doctor and returns once again to his wife.

Elijah has left the room to give them some privacy.

Matéo tells Adeline everything and she listens diligently to what he has to say, even giving him a small smile, when he speaks of the child's probability of survival.

After that, the big question arises.

"What are we going to call him?" Matéo asks seriously.

They had thought about it for weeks but never seemed to be able to agree.

After a little more deliberation, they finally have it.

"Mr and Mrs Santiago" the nurse calls them.

"What name would you like to put on your son's birth certificate?" She asks them with a wide smile.

The couple smile at on another then they turn to the nurse.

"We want to put down Leonardo-Micah Santiago" Adeline says with a a flourish.

Her eyes shine with pride and love for the new addition to the family.

She kisses her husband's lips gently.

"I love you Matéo" she whispered.

"I love you too Adeline" he responds.

"And I love our son, too"

THE
     END.

———————————————————-

Wow! Thank you all for reading my book, thus far.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed it so much and your comments are life!

Special thanks to the ones that always encourage me, bare in mind if I don't mention you now, I may mention you in the sequel:

Fetiti

AnitressWofford

larryishere

Enny101

_teebie_

pattitaraji

zaynab_mxx1