Chapter 2

Adeline Carter's POV

"It is way too early for this shit" I mutter, probing around my desk in the dark in search of my blaring alarm clock.

I slam my hand down on the clock, turning on my side, ready to fall back to sleep.

I drag the pillow over my head, willing for at least a few good 5 more hours of sleep.

Not gonna happen.

I feel a hand start to shake my shoulder gently.

Elijah.

"Adeline. Get up. We need to be there at a specific time" he tells me, his voice normal, obviously used to waking up at ridiculous times.

I groan and attempt to go back to sleep and ignore him.

I lay back on the bed and start to snooze off again until suddenly, I don't feel the warmth of my bed anymore.

"Stop!" I yell as I feel my body being thrown over my brother's shoulder.

Compared to my brother, I am quite small, which means that this height is dangerous and if he drops me well...

At least I won't have to see Matéo and his smug face again...

He starts walking out of my bedroom and into my bathroom.

He sets me down and picks up my toothbrush, giving it to me.

I snatch it off of him.

"Brush your teeth, before I do it for you. I'm serious. The Santiagos do not need a reason to start shit with us." he says.

I glare at him and I start brushing my teeth, looking away from him.

He switches on the shower leaving it to heat up and then walks out of the bathroom.

"I'm gonna make some food. You can have some" He tells me, and I hear my bedroom door close.

I sigh and start getting ready.

I brush my teeth quickly before undressing and stepping into the almost piping hot water, letting it splashing all over my like hundreds of tiny needles hitting my skin without drawing blood or making me feel any actual pain.

It is a weird feeling, but I like it.

After scrubbing down, I finally get out of the bath and dry myself off quickly, before grabbing the Cocoa butter cream and using it.

I walk to my closet and look for what I want to wear.

Ok, I am going to Matéo's home this morning.

I pick out clothes that aren't too casual and aren't too formal and analyse them before wearing them.