Chapter 6

Adeline Carter's POV

"His idea. Interesting". I tell myself in a small whisper.

I decide to stop talking to myself, before someone hears me and boils it down to lunacy.

My stuff have finally arrived and I am getting ready to go to that 'family dinner'.

For the duration of the coffee meeting, Matéo explained to me that we have to act 'in love' to make the engagement seem more believable to the public.

He also explained that he would be joining me at college and that there, we would be 'boyfriend and girlfriend'.

To make it seem less suspicious.

I wonder who else will be at this event.

Probably just a few people...

I step out of the shower and walk into my room, towel wrapped around me.

Suddenly, my door swings open. I jump back in surprise and see a young girl, maybe my age or younger.

^^ Maria Santiago

^^ Maria Santiago.

The hell?!

She is tall and quite skinny. Her long wavy black hair is wild and cascades down her face.

Her familiar brown eyes widen and her bronzed skin is flushed pink.

She squeals.

"Grace! Grace! Come quickly! She's here!" The girl yells running down the corridor.

What the fuck is going on?!

I stand completely frozen and unsure of what to do.

Is this normal over here or?

A few minutes later, the girl comes back with someone.

Another girl, who looks surprised to see me.

^^ Grace Santiago

^^ Grace Santiago.

She looks just like the younger girls but taller and curvier.

Her hair is also slick and straight.