Chapter 30

Adeline Santiago's POV

"Where are we going?" I ask as we all get into James' car.

"We are going to drug you and throw your body into a ditch" James says, in a Russian accent scarily identical to his father's.

I roll my eyes. "Isabella?" I ask.

"We're going to get the mall, to gossip and get you ready for your date tonight!" Isabelle announced.

"And for the record, there's lot of gossip to be had!" Grace informed me.

I sigh.

This day will be very interesting.

                             ***

We arrive at the mall and go straight to the nearest clothes shop.

We walk into at and look around.

Several beautiful items of clothing are hung around on racks around the store.

We walk around the store and try on several different outfits.

Then one dress in particular, catches my eye.

I pick the dress off of the rack and observe it.

"Matéo's eyes will pop out the sockets if he sees you in that!" I hear someone behind me say.

I turn around to see Grace grinning at me.

"It's perfect then!" James announced, getting a few weird looks from some of the people around us.

He ignores them and grabs my hand, signalling for Isabelle to follow, and Grace, followed soon behind us.

We go to the changing rooms and I slip on the dress.

It fits me like a glove...

A very tightly fitting glove, but anyway!

I take another look into the mirror, before stepping out to show everyone.

As soon as they see me, they stop the conversation and stare at me.

James squeals and starts taking pictures and I cover my face with my hands

"James, no!" I chastise.

"Yes, actually! If I wasn't gay..." he trails off.

I glare at him.

"I'm not one of those boys who bend you over, put some respect on my name!" I announce.

"Who says I'm not doing the bending?! Matter of fact I'll call your- -" he starts but he's cut off.

"I wonder what Matéo will say!" Isabelle sings, giving me a knowing smirk.

I turn away shyly.

I go to change back into my normal clothes.

"We'll take it!" Grace says to the nearest assistant, who smiles and helps with the dress by taking it to the front and cashing it in.