Leaving

The next morning the boys were needing to hit the road by 8. So you set your alarm for 6. You got up and dressed in an outfit you had laid out the night before.

You gave yourself a little pep talk before leaving your room

You gave yourself a little pep talk before leaving your room. You knew this goodbye would be hard.

You went down the stairs where Colby was just coming back inside.
Colby: "Hey I was just loading my stuff in the car." He gives you a tight hug as you sway. You dig your face into his chest and savor him with all of your senses.
Colby: "I'm sorry I have to leave."
You: "Me too. Are you sure you have to go?"
Colby: "Yeah, Babe. I'm sure.... I also have some bad news."
You pull away slightly. "What?"
Colby: "We actually need to leave pretty soon. Sam got a call twenty minutes ago from the tour crew telling us about some technical issues."
You: "Can I at least make you breakfast first?"
Just then Sam comes in the door.
Sam: "I'm afraid not. We need to hit the road as soon as we can."
You let go of Colby.
You: "Ok."
Colby and Sam run back upstairs for a few minutes to double check the room for anything left over or hiding.

They both come back down the stairs.
Sam hugs you first.
Sam: "Thank for everything. I've loved being here and I love you."
You: "I love you too." Your eyes clouded with tears. "Be careful. Come back anytime."
Sam pulls away. "I will." He looks at Colby. "I'll be in the car."

Sam leaves.

Colby pulls you into his arms. You just stand there letting tears escape your eyes.
You: "I told myself I would try not to cry."
Colby: "Me too."
You look up at him to see his tear stained face. You wipe a tear away.
You: "This is hard."
Colby: "Yeah it is." He pulls you closer. "I love you."
You: "I love you too."
He brings your lips to his and passionately kisses you over and over. You melt into each kiss hoping it will last forever. But too soon it's over. He holds onto your hands and looks into your eyes.
Colby: "I love you and promise to call you and text you every day."
You: "Ok. I love you so much."
You kiss one more time.
You: "I don't like goodbyes, so.... see you next time?"
Colby: "Yeah. See you next time."

You watch as he walks out the door. You stand on the porch and wave as the boys roll down the driveway and honk before they are out of sight. That is when you broke down.

You spent most of the rest of the day in bed. You cried until your eyes were swollen. Lila was texting you concerned, she knew it would be hard today. She insisted on coming over by herself later to take you to get a pedicure.

You got up and went to the restroom to try and look presentable. You looked up and your heart skipped a beat.

Colby had left you a note on your bathroom mirror

Colby had left you a note on your bathroom mirror. How sweet. You sent him a snap of it, not getting yourself in the picture.

He Snapped you back.

You knew that this was just going to get harder but Colby was worth it and you knew it would be harder without each other

You knew that this was just going to get harder but Colby was worth it and you knew it would be harder without each other. So you decided to persevere through it.