Chapter 13: Explanation

They arrived back to the lair and Donnie fixed up Jamie's arm in the lab. He stitched up her arm and had it wrapped in ace bandage.

"Try not to use it for a few days. The stitches should come out in about a week," Donnie informed.

"Thanks, D. Good thing I'm not a lefty," Jamie lightly joked.

He chuckled then they left the lab. But they were stopped to see Leo, Raph, Mikey, and Splinter looking at Jamie. The brothers had looks that were waiting for answers while Splinter looked at her with sympathy.

"Jamie, you have some explaining to do," Leo told her.

Miwa ran to her and licked her hand, making her pet her.

"I know I do. I was meaning to tell you guys. Just not like this," Jamie said.

"Let me ask you something: did you even want to go back to your dimension?" Mikey asked.

Jamie looked at them then answered, "To be honest, no."

"Why? You said you were fine with going back," Donnie mentioned.

"But that was only because I thought it was best that I did. I don't belong in this dimension. But my dimension isn't exactly a paradise," Jamie said.

"Why is that?" Leo replied.

"Because after my parents died, I was sent to live with my aunt. She was so abusive to me; I felt like her personal punching bag. A year after I moved in with her, I discovered your show. It helped me through the tough times to a point where I considered you guys family. Then when I got Miwa, it was another good thing to add to my life. Because I loved the show, I decided to name her after someone from it. She became my bodyguard when my aunt decided she wanted to beat me up. Then when I was brought here and rescued by you guys, I thought that we could live here with you, but I thought I would just be a burden to you. No matter what you decided, I was still going to love you guys like my family," Jamie explained as tears started coming down her face.

She sat down on the recliner and buried her head in her hands as tears continued to flow. The turtles were surprised by what Jamie had told them while Splinter continued to give her a sympathetic look. Raph sat by her and hugged her, making her cuddle into his embrace.

"My child, you have proven how trustworthy you are since we met you. I am touched that you've seen us as your family and I believe I speak for everyone here when I say that we love you as if you were a part of this family as well," Splinter told her.

Jamie then lifted her head to see the turtles smiling and nodding at her, making her smile through tears.

"It's true, Jamie. Ever since we saved you and heard how you wouldn't give away the location of our lair no matter what, we've seen how much you care about us. So we wanted to show you how much we love you," Raph told her.

They all lead her out of the lair and to a nearby station. When they were close to their destination, Raph put his hands over her eyes, making her giggle. They continued until they made it to the door.

"You ready, Jamie?" Leo asked.

"Yes," Jamie answered.

Raph removed his hands and Jamie opened her eyes. She then gasped in excitement at what she saw: her own dance room!

(A/N Dance room above.)

She cupped her mouth as tears started forming out of happiness as she went inside. She looked around then back at the guys, who were smiling back at her.

"Guys, you did this for me?" she asked.

"Well, yeah. You said that we've been like your family for a long time. And with you being here, showing us how much you love us, we wanted to make you a part of ours," Mikey answered.

"And we've been told how much you love to dance, so we wanted to do something about it," Donnie added.

"Guys, this is the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for me. Thank you so much," Jamie said.

"It was not us alone. Raphael is the one you should be thanking," Splinter informed.

Raph blushed and the other turtles snickered at the fact that their father was the one to tell Jamie that this was all Raph's idea. Jamie looked at Raph with a smile as she approached him, the others moving out of the way.

"Raph. You did this...for me?" Jamie asked, touched.

"Well, yeah. I actually told the guys a while back that I wanted you to stay. And even though they thought it would be best that you go back, they agreed with me. So, just in case you decided to stay, I told them how much you loved to dance and...it took off from there," Raph explained.

Jamie cupped her mouth shut with a smile as she felt tears forming. She then wrapped her arms around his neck, ignoring the pain in her shoulder, and kissed him. Raph joined in, wrapping his arms around her waist. The others smiled and fist-bumped each other while Splinter smiled. The couple parted and let their foreheads rest against each other.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Anytime," he smirked.

Then they turned to the family.

"I'm guessing you knew we're together," Jamie giggled.

"Oh we knew you liked each other from Day 1," Leo said.

"Yeah. And after that kiss you pulled in training, how could we not know?" Donnie smirked.

The couple chuckled at that and they just spent the rest of the day hanging out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! I love it!