7

with my luck, the bus stopped. giving me all the opportunities to look back, so i did. my eyes flickered to my phone as i pressed the "call" button. i brought the phone to my face, until the gentle ringing was in sync with my heart beating. my heart accelerated, as if it was trying to break out of my rib cage

jungkook motioned to get his phone out where he stared at the caller id. his face painted a rigid expression, the opposite from when we were having lunch together.

high pitched ringing bounced in my ear drums, indicating

he declined.

my face trickled a light shade of pink, i lowered my head fixing my eyes to my laps. my hair fell, as i stifled a sigh. i looked up, my stomach howled  as the other expectedly looked my way. they scoffed, yet i couldn't care less. thoughts regarding my feelings clouded my mind.

the next day, jungkook sat on the same seat i sat on yesterday. i walked to him, taking the seat next to his. "hey jungkook" i said with a tint of joy polluting my voice. he looked at me, "oh, hey Eun Ae," he said sounding content. his frown as he stared out the window transitioned to a slight smile growing on his face. i nodded my head, i became wordless for a few seconds. i attempted to muster an idea, being intervened "oh, sorry for not answering your call yesterday. did you need to talk to me about something? i was busy"

a pink hue decorated my round cheeks, "n-nothing." my eyes flickered, silence filled our conversation. "u-uhm," i uttered. "yes?" he said with curiosity harmonized into his gentle eyes. "what were you busy with?" i exclaimed under my breath, "well, i wasn't busy with a what, but with a who." the corner of his lips feigned into a large smile, my lips grew into a smile. a smile which canvased the slight ache piercing into my heart.

"sorry if i'm asking you so much questions, but who were you busy with?" i jolted at my sudden question, even i was surprised.

"my love,"