3

my brows knitted themselves together, "o-oh" i said hastily. i attempted to muster an excuse until he intervened my trance, "it's fine." his face painted a grim expression as he laid the food down on the orange table.

my eyes narrowed from the food to him, "sorry" i said apologetically. "i said it was fine," his lips parted as he stifled a heavy sigh. he plastered an evident insincere smile before walking away.

i looked down on my platter, finding a plate decorated with banana slices. my smoothie comprised of a butter like hue scraping the interior, as it amusingly draped down the cup. i leaned forward, capturing the red straw and took a sip of the smoothie. the smoothie had a soft texture harmonized with remnants of spices. it was delicious. i picked up my utensils to take a bite of the bananas, only to say the same thing; it was delicious.

i stood up, reaching my hands out calling for the man who looked evidently upset. he came closer to me as he looked down at me with his height. "are you coming again tomorrow?" he exclaimed, "i'm not sure," i shrugged. i looked down on his apron, with banana smoothie cascading down the threads. "did you need something?" he said with his eyes fixed somewhere else. "i just wanted to say sorry, the reason i declined and lied to you was because i thought you were mocking me during the bus ride," he nodded as he slowly backed away.

i found myself back home by taking the bus again. i plunged myself into bed, with my pyjamas loosely draping over my body. the hem touching my bare skin every time i walked. i combed my hair, allowing the trickles of water to crawl down my wet hair. with that done, i plummeted myself in bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

i woke up to my alarm erupting in my room, as my eye lids felt heavy.

-

i entered the bus, encountering the familiar faces from yesterday. my eyes dangled low as i pondered for an empty seat. i found an empty seat, avoiding all possible eye contact with the others.

i felt a mere touch on my shoulder, as i looked back to seeing the same man from yesterday-the man who offered me a banana. this time, he held a container filled with strawberries fuelling hunger in my stomach. letting me know by it's loud growling, trailing scoffs from the others. i took the strawberries and began to eat them slowly.

i didn't go back to the cafe as i had somewhere else to attend.

i came back home and did all my daily necessities finding myself in the bus next morning.

i found him again

he held peeled orange slices in a container and i gladly accepted it.

this occurred everyday, he always had food intact for her. everyday, it had been some type of fruit and he seemed glad whenever she accepted them. during the bus ride to wherever they went, they would converse and gradually grew closer to one another.

until one day, his eyes were swollen with streaks of red reaching for the centre. tears trickling down his puffed face. without realizing, i ran to him

"what's wrong?"

A/N: next chapter will be cringe.