8

at that moment, i felt my heart being punctured. my heart pounded, coating my hearing. at this point, all i could hear was my heart trying to break free from my chest. i looked at him as he awaited my reply, i nodded.

the rest of the bus ride was silent, i plunged my head into the cup of hands. i heaved a long sigh as the words repeated themselves in my mind. "my love."

my eye lids felt heavy as i felt myself drift off into deep sleep, until i felt a slight tug on the collars of my sweater. i looked to jungkook, with his brows furrowed and nose scrunched up. "do you perhaps have any food? i'm hungry" trailing a howl from his stomach.

i rummaged for any snacks i left in my bag, finding a banana. i held the banana tight in my grasp as i gave it to him. he began to munch on the banana as he squinted his eyes in delight, he must really like bananas.

with sadness still staining my heart, seeing him happy caused a tinge of joy to surge through me.

i stared at him as the sweet banana taste fell down through his throat, his adam's apple bounced along with my heart.

the bus driver came to an abrupt stop, awaiting for jungkook to leave his stop. he stood up with his eyes far back, "thank you" he said while walking away. i watched him as his footsteps generated sounds.

after the long day of work, i threw myself onto bed as i let my blanket hover over me. the blanket instantly filtered me with warmth, i stifled a sound of pleasure.

i plugged the charger into my phone as a notification slid down. "jungkook has sent you a message."

i instantly tapped on the notification, only white flashed onto the screen. i impatiently waited for the app to load, where i sat myself up. immediately draining my exhaustion.

~
jungkook:
hi~ ♥️

eun ae:
hi jungkook

jungkook:
i just wanted to say good night
and that...

eun ae:
good night to you too~ and?

jungkook:
i love you
~
i stared at my phone with my eyes fixed onto the screen. i re-read the message, comprehending if i read correctly. the sound of my heart pounding surged through every part of my body.

i read correctly

he said that he loved me

my fingers swiftly pressed onto the screen, i wrote "i love you too," but before i could press the send button. he said something else which intervened my sea of thoughts.

~
jungkook:
i love you

jungkook:
oh, sorry wrong number.