xxvii| Proditione

"I wanna know how she could make a man lose his mind."

duodetriginta

duodetriginta.

proditione

To disappoint the hopes or expectations of; be disloyal to.

════════

"HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP?" OLIVIA ASKED, HER VOICE SOUNDING DISTANT.

Even though she couldn't see me, I shrugged, holding the phone with my right hand and using my left to draw random shapes on the paper in front of me. "I don't really know how to feel."

"It's okay to be sad about it, you just broke up with someone you cared about deeply," she tried to console me, a faint sound of flipping pages coming from the other end of the phone.

I sighed, feeling light headed as I did so, "it was so sudden, I think that's the worst bit. When I broke up with Nate the first time, it was hard, but at least I knew that we both wanted to be together; the second time, I was slowly falling out of love with him. With Chase, I feel like we broke up with no closure."

"Who broke up with who?" She asked.

"It was pretty mutual," I mentioned, dropping the pen in my hand and leaning against the headboard of my bed. "He said he can't do this anymore and I told him we were done."

"That was it?"

"There was more to it, obviously," I began. "But it just felt like there was no way around it, you know? We've been having the same fight for months, even when we weren't even together and it all just blew up last week."

"I just assumed you guys would last longer than that. Do you think you'll get back together?" She asked, her voice slightly hopeful.

I shook my head, a sickening feeling in my stomach formulating, "no, we both made it clear. If we're done, we're done," I explained, repeating Chase's words from the music room.

"He hasn't spoken to Tyler about it," she informed. "He's been pretty distant since you guys broke up; whenever Tyler would bring you up, Chase would just ignore him and he only found out through an argument where Chase basically shouted at him, telling him that you two were done."

I didn't know what to say in response to that. I hadn't really spoken to Tyler in a while, and didn't plan to speak to him after Chase and I had broke up, it was too painful. The only reason I was even on the phone with Olivia was because she called first.