xvi| Agitantes avertissent

"Beauty is pain, and there's beauty in everything."

sedecim

sedecim

agitantes avertissent

Unwillingness or disinclination to do something.

════════

"HONESTLY, I'M NOT REALLY IN THE PARTY MOOD," I TOLD AUDREY AS SHE HELD DRESSES UP AGAINST HER BODY.

"We're about the same body size right? I mean, you're shorter but we're both size sixes aren't we?" She asked absentmindedly, ignoring what I said and holding her red mini dress against her body.

"Yes, but you and I have vastly different tastes in clothes. Also, you're not listening to me. I don't want to go," I whined, "Ana won't even be there."

"Ana's never there are social events like this, but it doesn't mean you can't go. Come on, I heard your baby daddy will be there," she teased.

"You're insufferable," I groaned. "I don't think I should go to a party just because Chase will be there, especially not after the events of what happened last month."

She sighed dramatically, "You're so annoying, you can't avoid being seen with him forever. Get your mind off the bullshit drama, forget what other people think of you and enjoy yourself."

"I'm not going to drink and I want to be dropped off before 12," I named my demands as I watched a grin spread across her face.

"I'll probably barely drink and Dean's gonna pick me up at 11, I'll ask him to drop you off," she responded immediately.

"Spending the night?" I asked.

"Been planned for weeks," she stated, "alright come on, get dressed. What do you wanna wear?" She asked, holding a few dresses out in front of me. I ended up at her house because hers was much closer to school than mine, going there straight after school finished.

"The black one," I decided, pointing to a black mini-dress with long sleeves so at least my arms would be covered.

She nodded, throwing her black dress at me whilst she chose the red one she had been holding up. We wordlessly got ready for the party, slipping into our dresses and doing whatever else necessary to get ready. For her that included putting on makeup and for me that including curling my hair into loose curls.

"For someone so small, you've got a really great body," Audrey commented as used her nail to wipe off the excess lipgloss from the corners of her lips. She looked stunning as ever, her beautifully petite features standing out with her use of highlight.