xxiii| Litore

"Lately I've been craving you more."

viginti tres

viginti tres.

litore

A sandy shore, especially by the sea between high- and low-water marks.

════════

"SO WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR TODAY?" AUDREY'S VOICE RESOUNDED FROM THE PHONE.

"It's the first day of the Easter holidays, so revising," I responded, speaking loudly so my voice could be picked up by the phone which was laying on my bed, as I filed the paper on my cluttered desk into different piles, based on the subjects and topics.

"Same," Ana's voice was the one that came next.

"Today is my relaxing day of nothing before I start revising," Violet interrupted.

It was 11am and officially the first day of the Easter holidays, if that wasn't evident. Technically it was Easter Friday, so most people planned to enjoy this day considering there was no school and a lot of work places were closed.

"Is it hot in your houses too, or am I just overreacting?" Ana stated, her voice sounding tired and dramatic.

"Nope, I'm dying," I agreed.

"It's twenty six degrees right now. Twenty six. In London. In April. If that's not ridiculous I don't know what is," Ana groaned.

"Yeah, but we can all go around pretending like we're not slowly destroying our earth as we speak," Violet mentioned sarcastically.

"Come on guys! Let's do something! We all know after Monday we're never going to see Lise ever again because she'll be too busy drowning herself in her revision, same with Ana," Audrey complained.

I laughed, putting my papers down and walking towards the bed; I took my phone off speaker and placed it against my ear. "Okay fine," I sighed, only giving in because I really didn't want to study today and I knew I would lose eventually. 

"Wait, really?" Audrey's tone seemed shocked at the fact that I gave in so easily.

"Yeah really, lets do something before I retreat into my hole," I agreed. "Are the rest of you up for it?"

"I am if you are," Ana agreed. Ana knew that I was smart with my revision, and that if I could afford to take a day off, so could she.