xxi| Consilio

"'Cause you're keeping me safe and warm
Even when I'm home alone"

"'Cause you're keeping me safe and warmEven when I'm home alone"

viginti et unius.

consilio

the process of making plans for something.

════════

AFTER MUCH PERSUASION, I FINALLY AGREED TO ASKING OLIVIA ABOUT HER MARRIAGE PLANS.

After going back and forth with the Parker brothers about my so-called "plan" to see if Olivia actually wanted to marry Tyler, I decided to finally attempt to make the call to Olivia. It was pretty unproductive with the boys, trying to formulate a plan in which we could subtly ask the question without having her understand exactly what we were doing. Tyler and Chase were both on opposite sides of the spectrum when it came to creating ideas; Tyler wanted me to be incredibly complicated, using, and I quote, "codes, manipulation and big words" in order to confuse her into agreeing to a marriage. Chase, on the other hand, wanted me to straight out ask her, and not care about whether she realises what we are doing, because "they'll ultimately either be married or unmarried regardless of how she is asked".

I decided to ignore both of them.

After telling the boys that both their ideas were dumb and that they were lucky to have survived this long on earth by themselves, I kicked Tyler out of Chase's bedroom. I knew that there was no way he could keep his mouth shut when I was on the phone to his girlfriend, or not interrupt me when I was speaking, blowing everything in a matter of seconds. He was, as expected, sulky and accused Chase and me of kicking him out so we could get "down and dirty" - again, his words.

Currently, I was sat up, leaning against Chase's bed frame, my legs in front of me. Chase's head was on my lap and he was texting on his phone, occasionally scrolling through Instagram also. Every now and then he would stop in order to distract me as I attempted to formulate a plan, but he was easily shut up. I took a deep breath before dialling Olivia's number, waiting for her to pick up and hoping it wasn't too random.

She merely took a few seconds before she picked up, "hi Lise! What's up?" Her voice was light and cheery, as expected of Olivia.

I smiled slightly, "nothing much. Studying, I got bored and wanted to talk to someone. How are you?" I was careful to have a bored tone in my voice, attempting to make the conversation as casual as possible.

She let out a small laugh, "I'm also studying, except I'm on a break right now so I'm glad you called. How's school been going?"