Best Thing (Goodbye III)

Start from the beginning

Is she crazy? Lisa thought.

"Do not talk when your mouth is full," the brunette reminded. "Stop saying sorry. We'll talk later okay? Now finish your food."

"Okay mom." Lisa gave her a toothy grin.

--

"Were you two eavesdropping?" Jennie said with a cold expression.

"No!" The two said in unison. They both looked at each other, eyes widening, knowing too well they were caught.

"Mmm... totally not eavesdropping." Lisa smirked.

"W-we are not. Uhmm... we were just checking if Jennie hasn't killed you yet. Yeah that." Jisoo proudly smiled at Chaeyoung, thinking her alibi was actually brilliant.

"I'll deal with you Jisoo unnie later." Jennie gave her a final glare before making her way to her room, dragging Lisa with her.

"Uh oh..." Lisa teased, smiling annoyingly at Jisoo.

"Yah Jendeuk! Why only me? Why not Chaeyoung too?" Jisoo protested.

"Because she's Chaeyoung. Duh."

--

"So..." Lisa drawls. When they entered her room. Jennie didn't say anything, she just pushed her inside the bathroom and told her to take a shower. "Hi again..." She gave the brunette a sheepish grin.

Jennie stared at her. Then slowly, her bottom lip started to stick out, pouting, while her eyes started to water. Again. She ran towards Lisa and hugged her the tightest she can. Lisa sighed and wrapped her arms around Jennie, sniffing the scent she missed and giving her temple a kiss.

"I missed you so much. Y-you don't know h-how crazy I felt in those few days." Jennie's feelings exploded and so did her words. "I'm so sorry Lalisa. I was being petty and immature and I wasn't thinking properly."

Lisa laughed at her sobbing girlfriend.

"I missed you too baby. So much. But I'm here now." She released Jennie from her hug to cup her face and wipe her tears. "My Nini is still a crybaby afterall." She smiled.

"It's your fault. You left me. I wouldn't be crying if you didn't leave." Jennie glared at her but with a pout.

"I know and I'm honestly so sorry." Lisa gave her a quick kiss on her pouting lips. "Are you trying to be mad or cute?"

"Mad. But cute works too." Jennie smiled.

"Ohhhh! I so missed that gummy smile. 5 days without it was hell." Lisa held her cheeks betweem her index finger and thumb, giving her chubby cheeks a light pinch. "Smile again. For me?"

And Jennie did. Giving Lisa her warmest most genuine smile.

"Oh babe, before I forget..." Jennie went out of the room only to come back a minute later with something on her hand. "Bought this for you..."  The blonde's eyes sparkled as Jennie smiled and offered the chocolate milk to her.

"I was actually watching your live with chu unnie and you said you wanted this so I got it for you..."

Lisa took the chocolate milk from her, "Thank you babe. But for now, I want this more..." she then placed it on the bedside table before facing Jennie again.

Lisa wrapped her arms around Jennie's waist before lying down on the latter's bed. The brunette on top of her.

"This?" Lisa can hear Jennie's smile.

"Mmm..." Lisa hummed as she closed her eyes.

They were silent for few minutes. Not a single one tried to break the tranquil vibe. Just feeling each other's presence that they never got to feel for the last 5 days they were separated.

"You are like..." Lisa whispered, running her hands softly against Jennie's hair, sighing she continued, "... the best thing ever. I really..." She kissed the brunette on her head, "...truly love you."

Jennie never answered. But the kiss she received on her shoulder and the way she snuggled even more to her are enough indications that Jennie, too, feels the same way.

That Jennie, too, loves her.

***

lame. i know. i'm sorry.

anyw, can't wait for september bc of real men sjsjssjjss