Best Thing (Goodbye III)

This will be the 3rd and last part of Goodbye

***

"Hi..."

Lisa shyly smiles at the girl infront of her. Jennie looked expressionless and that made Lisa sad thinking that her girl is still mad at her. She was about explain herself when the older  started walking slowly towards her. Every step Jennie took caused Lisa's heartbeat to quicken.

Slowly, one step, two steps, until they were infront of each other. It was only then that Lisa noticed the tears threatening to fall from Jennie's eyes.

Jennie raised her hand and tenderly cupped Lisa's cheek, biting her lower lip to stop herself from crying.

"H-hi..." Lisa repeated, feeling the warmth of Jennie's hand . "...love."

It took two words. Two words for Jennie's tears to finally flow. She cried silently, supressing her sobs but her feelings left in the open for Lisa to see. She missed her and she won't stop herself from expressing it.

Those five days were enough.

Missing Lisa is enough. Longing for her, waiting, worrying, all those are enough. She wanted to shower Lisa with all the love she failed to give for the few days the girl was gone. She really wanted to say she missed her, she loves her and she's glad she's back but her voice just seems to disappear when she needed it the most.

"I missed you so much." Lisa continued. She was about to hug her when she stopped, "Can I hug you? I know you're still mad but..." She scratched her nape, looking down at her feet, sighing,"I just missed you so much so I really need it. Please?"

Jennie smiled through her tears, she shook her head causing Lisa to frown, "C-come here." Jennie struggled to whisper, still finding it hard to speak. She encircled her arms around Lisa's neck and pulled her down. Her tears falling nonstop, the lump in her throat getting really hard to swallow.

"I really missed you, Jen. Please forgive me for leaving." Lisa whispered.

"Shh..." Jennie pulled her even closer, their bodies molding against each other. After what seems like forever, they both pulled away.

Jennie immediately took Lisa's hand and lead her to the dining table. She ordered the girl to sit and then returned to the kitchen.

Lisa sat patiently on her chair until Jennie comes out again, now with a tray on her hand. As soon as Lisa got a whiff of what the girl brought, she immediately stood up.

"Gamjatang?!" Lisa exclaimed. Jennie smiled and nodded. Lisa cheered as soon as Jennie placed it infront of her. For all the times she was at the military, she was only craving for two things. Chocolate milk and gamjatang. And now it is infront of her, even cooked by her girlfriend. Well no chocolate milk, but Jennie's gamjatang could make up for it.

Lisa didn't waste any more time and started devouring the scrumptious food infront of her. Jennie smiled at that. She missed this. Being able to stare at Lisa, seeing her enjoy the food she personally cooked. She's tearing up right now, thinking how others might call her pathetic but she doesn't care. She really missed Lisa. She has been with the girl for 8 years now so being separated from her for 5 days is not a joke.

"Babe, you really cook the best gamjatang!" Lisa said with her mouth half full, not even looking up from her food. "I really missed this. I was craving for i--" Lisa stopped when she saw Jennie silently crying beside her.

"Jen..." Lisa uttered, her cheeks looking even fluffier because of the unswallowed food. "Hey... stop crying please... I'm really sor--" she stopped when the brunette giggled, tears still streaming down her cheeks.