Simple Agreements

"Hey man." Danish greeted Robert in the cafeteria,"Where have you been?"

"Writing, recording, taking down notes." he responded as he sipped his tea, "The usual."

Robert was treating him cold. And although he was done with their friendship, Danish had now started  paying attention to it. But he got the hint of a man who does not want to be bothered. Danish wasn't a suspect anymore, not after Jane confessed, so he didn't need to play buddy buddy. Right now, all he had to do was lie and wait for the fish to take the bate. Iggy seemed interested in Samantha for some reason so he made sure that she was unreachable, with the proper paperwork and minimal suspicion, of course.

                                   *
"You wanted to talk Iggy?" Jane casually stated in the communications room.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Iggy confronted her with a harsh tone.

"What are you talking about champ?" Jane cluelessly stated in a childish way. "You're the one who wanted to speak with me in private."

"Don't! Con me you grifter! I doubt you can contain your smug self from trying to pull a fast one on me." he reminded her, "But are you that stupid? You have nothing on me."

"It would still be nice if you were specific about what you're loosing your mind over." she commented, knowing very well what it was about.

"Are you...? It's the girl! Your partner's claiming her under protective custody or something." he explained, "How is he able to do that if you've been stalling her status to the market of idiots like you?"

"Cool down fifty-five." she urged him before she feels really compelled to put him in his place, "I had nothing to do with it."

"Don't, lie to me!" he gestured an aggressive pointed finger, up close and in her personal space. "Because who else is there than your precious lover-boy?"

Lately, everyone's been figuring out their relationship. Ironically, it was a sign of true love in movies, when people could tell just by looking. But it wasn't something that she welcomed in her situation. Their relationship had become her biggest and only weakness. And frankly, it was affecting their work. Naturally the organization knew what they were doing with putting a ban on co-workers in a relationship, though symbolic and lightly punishable it may be. "Calm down detective. Are you sure this wasn't on you?"

"What do mean?" he said, open to whatever rediclous story she cooked up for him.

"Her file became open to the general audience." she explained, "I thought you did that."

"What?" he said confused. "I didn't..." He considered it to be the organization's doing. They had a tendency to stick in their noses and smell something fishy with no time to spare. Iggy was lost in his thoughts for a moment, thinking things over. He just couldn't figure out how Joe got his hands on his girl so quickly. "Did you tip off your man?"

"No..." she stated, "Total coincidence on that one...I promise."

"Okay..." he stated softy before taking his leave, "I guess I could make this work." Iggy did a little research of his own on both Jane and Joe. He considered Joe's fixation on the girl and wanting to be updated on her where about's, just for fun. And just so happened to find her here. But the organization could be closing in on him too, he'd have to make a call to confirm that. But he figured he'd go along with his plan until things get too hot to handle, then pass on the blame to the persons who were supposed to be in charge of her.

                                  *

"What do you think you're doing!?" Jane confronted Robert before he left for a meeting for his alter ego's life. "It's too early to take her out. Or at least have him find out about it."

"Could you be calm for a second." he said a little flustered by her sudden appearance in front of his car as he was about to enter it. He stood by the open door for  the driver's seat ready to go when she moved out of the way. "All is going according to plan."

"Not any plan that I'm aware of." she added.

"Well then, don't take it out on me." he  told her, "It's not just me that's pulling the strings that lead to your little feud." Jane was silent. "Don't worry about it. It'll work out just fine." He got into his car and Jane moved out of the way. She was still thinking about what he said. She guessed that they were trying to make Iggy desperate to do something stupid. Then again, the organization works in mysterious ways. Like her, he is just following orders and believing it's the right thing to do.

She made a call to Joe. "Find out what he wants with her yet?"

"No." he replied, "But there are other people on this now. Do we really need to go looking?"

"Yeah, we do." she reminded him as metaphorical as possible as to make sure no one would get the message other than her thinking that provoking Iggy was a bad idea, seeing that she was the one who has to deal with him, "We're on the front lines if this turns  into a mine field."

                                  *

It was Samantha's last day here. It was something to celebrate, no problems arose. Not to mention, she came at a time when things were slow. She ended up being the number one priority, that is if Robert brought anything interesting to the table. Nevertheless, partying in a secluded little place like this is all more fun. There was a shooting range, a room full of disguises to fool around in, even a kitchen to host a cook-off between the only applicable Cooks in the building, Betty and Danish, needless to say, no one's making themselves a sandwich.

Iggy snuck off to play doctor with Joe while the others made preparations. He had been using someone's identification codes and names to get Jada's file deemed classified. He had checked in with that person but he couldn't make contact. He needed to free himself from the impending dumpster fire that is Jada. The plan was going south. If the organization were to look into it, they would of gotten a lead, leading them to him. He need to cut off all ties and make sure no Frank could piece her mind together to show insubordination. He didn't want to be forced out of the organization, he just wanted to be promoted.

Though Joe wasn't very talkative, Iggy suggest that he mercy killed Jada, to no avail. But the back up plan was already in motion. He had prepared a handful of sadative drugs laced with a slow poison. He made sure that each dosage she'd get would be weaker so that they'd be forced to give her more. Whether or not she'd die was up to her acting out against them, something that he instructed Carnelian to do as a precaution to Joe and Jane's sudden protective services.

After he let them meet, he left them to talk about whatever unnecessary story Joe needed to tell her. And went back to the party to let everyone know that Samantha was leaving and that they could come to say fair well or something.

He stopped Jane for a quick chat. "So you told him about me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" she said leaving before he could say anything.

Iggy brought a wheelchair assuming Samantha would be conscious. To everyone's slight disappointment, they helped her out of bed and let them be on their way. Jane was going to leave with Robert on account of him having to go over a few details of the plan, one of which makes her band from making contact with Iggy or the bunker until he calls her.