Making A Bond

Danish was annoyed at their guess, Robert. He was an environmentalist of some sort, staying for some private and open presents. To be honest, when agent's come here to this little bunker, it's to confirm that they had arrived safely. But Robert seemed like he had no where else to be, so he just stuck around for most of the day until he really had to go. And the most annoying thing to Danish about him, was that he got along too well with Betty. It wasn't jealousy for the most part but rather suspicion. Robert was a codename John, part of the reconnaissance sector. So it didn't make sense for him to stick around unless he needed to find out something. He could just ask for it, but he was acting shady. So Danish confronted him about it. Because fake friends are only acceptable to him when their charm doesn't work on him. And at least knowing means that they both don't gotta be invested in their relationship.

"You seem to be a cool guy, John." Danish initiated, "Your stories are enough for Betty.", he looked him directly into his eyes, "But I don't get why you're stickin' around here so much."

Robert didn't react to Danish's statement. He might of had something to hide, but it was non of this Jerry's business. "You're bold for a Jerry." ,he maintained his friendly tone, "But if I had something to hide, shouldn't you find out first?"

"Maybe that's what I'm doin' right now..." Danish stated, "Do you have to hide?"

"Always..." Robert stated with a subtle mocking tone, "It's my Job, isn't it?"

"Along with being friendly." Danish added.

"Well, aren't well all guilty of that?" Robert commented in an attempt of humor.

"Why are hoverin' over us like ah fly John?" Danish commented to regain the seriousness the conversation, " Lookin' for something, or waitin' for someone?"

"You're putting me on the spot here Bro." he said with a smile, "What about you?"

"What?!" Danish uttered in confusion, "What about me?"

"You're the one making accusations before anyone points a finger." he pointed out with an emotionless expression, "Are you hiding something?"

"...No!" Danish proclaimed, "You're the one overstayin' their welcome!"

"Hey! Break it up you two!" Betty demanded after hearing their voices echo through the hall, "We're having a Jane supervise us, and you don't want me to add internal affairs to that list!" They said nothing. Danish was about to storm off but she directed him, "It's about time she introduced me to the Janitor. You're on in an hour."

Danish walked out of view and left the both of them alone.

                                  *

Betty snuck off from the room to attend a briefing on Jane's role in this, with the key from under her pillow and according to the watch on her wrist. She only had one hand cuffed to the bed so it was easy for her to move around and get out while Samantha slept. She was the last to enter the room and it seemed like they were waiting on her.

"Well, as you all know already, I'm Jane, number sixty-four." she reintroduced herself while they all silently stared, "And the man I've brought with me is Iggy, number forty-five. He would be taking on the role of her physical therapist. I'd like to get her ready at least two weeks from now, a month for the latest. That would be all."

Betty leaned over to Danish and commented, "You're almost a full time Janitor."

"And you're just a Patient." he replied playfully, "...without patients."

Robert walked over to introduce himself to Jane. "And is this officially official business Jane?"

"You're a bit too curious Jerry." she responded jokingly, "Be careful not to know too much."

"I'll keep that in mind Jane." he responded with some charm, "You be careful too."

                                 *

Robert pulled Betty aside during her break in the dull cafeteria. "Now answer honestly, have you met them before?"

"You're acting weird John." Betty voiced noticing his dominant posture and focused expression. "Did something happen?"

"You're eager to make friends, you like listening to their stories." he told her, "You like knowing more than just what you're told."

"John?..." she questioned softly his sudden change in character.

He continued, "You'd love to be a part of one wouldn't you?"

"...", she couldn't find the right words to say. What he evaluated was very hurtful and she didn't know what to focus on, him saying it the way he's saying it or how he was acting because of it.

"But you can only go so far, right?" he suggested, "Why not make your own?"

"Are you, suggesting that I'm working another case on the side?" she concluded, "Like, in secret or something?"

"More or less." he replied.

"All because I'm interested in listening to someone tell there story when I could look it up anytime I want?" she pointed out, "Is there some insubordination ah foot good sir?! The likes of which is to be snuffed out?"

"Don't be clueless and cookie with me now." he demanded.

Realizing how serious he's taking her whimsical randomness she stated, "This is revolt against the organization is...repeated history. I'm sure you can bring them down." She became serious herself, "But I'm not the one you're looking for. There are other things, classified things more chaotic than this little crowd control on the surface. And believe me, I could use any one of my stories to bring this organization down to show you just what I know."

"Are you making fun of me?" he questioned her.

"No. I'm, vacationing as a Jerry." she responded, "And you could use those very words to your superior's so they could tell theirs until you find someone who knows what that means." She took her sandwich and left him alone to figure out what just happened.