A Broken Mind/Minor Setbacks

Will took Beverly outside to talk to her, even though Frank wanted an explanation too. He explained, "She remembered me. It was like a switch was flipped or something." leading her to the car he asked her, "Do you have any of the sadative with you?"

"Yeah, it's in the trunk." she replied.

They both reached to the car to find her trying to open the door with her toes. Joe had gagged her because she wasn't keeping quiet on their way back. Beverly reached to open the door. Joe informed her that the safety lock was on. Then opened the trunk. She got a syringe ready. Joe held her down as she squirmed. When she fell asleep Joe carried her up to the beach house and brought Frank up to speed as requested by Beverly.

"You did all of that, and walked away with your baggage?" Frank recapped, "She's just one person so it's obviously okay!" he hoped they heard they sarcasm in his voice. "When you two mysteriously die I hope I'm not anywhere near you to clean up the mess." He looked at their sorry faces and reassured them, "I'll take a look at her if you've got her file." They handed him her file. He remarked, "Jada Cranberry? Cranberry? Is that a real last name...?" he continued reading, "Oh, she picked it herself." He requested that Beverly interrogate the girl when she wakes up while he had a chat with Will.

"What is your name?" Beverly asked her as she was confined to a chair. There was no reply. "Samantha?.... Carnelian?..." She stared at Beverly with hate in her eyes. "...Jada?"

"Jada is weak." she replied. "You can't get to her while I'm here. My mind is stronger."

Beverly consulted with Frank. She came back and said, "Libra's scales are crooked, I need my-"

"Stop that!" she interrupted, "You can't get her either!"

Beverly repeated, "Libra's scales are crooked." she spoke louder to drown out the 'la la la' of the girl, "I need my currency to make it even!"

The room was quiet. Carnelian replied, "Use me, my lapidary." She sat on the chair for a while, waiting for Beverly to return.

"It seems to me, the scar on her arm is bringing forth a suppressed personality. Did Samantha say anything about it?" Frank asked them.

"No." they replied in unison.

"So Samantha can't see it...? Interesting." he responded, "Who was the 'Frank' assigned to her?"

"Dorian Burkly..." Beverly said.

"Dorian?" Frank thought about it, "He's the fool who died from a failed 'adjusting' in Massachusetts." He gave Carnelian a glanced, "That's the patient zero to the failure of 'adjusting'."

"How do you know that Frank?" Beverly asked.

"I 'know that' because it affected my line of work." Frank continued in a resentful tone, "I had to be briefed on new methods and procedures."

"You saw the video?" Joe spoke.

"Yeah I saw the video. All the Frank's you are ever going to meet saw the video." he told them, "Don't you dare be general with describing your fuck ups with me ever again." he explained in a calmer tone, "I'm only a threat to you when they assigne me to kill you. So no extra secrets between friends, alright." he looked at Jada's file again, "I'll try to get the original copy to see what's missing. But in the main time, transport Christopher to the holding facility in...oh, you were there already. I need to start his 'adjusting' by today, or I'll be behind."

"Put in the request for her file here and collect it with Joe during the 'adjusting'. " she suggested, "I can monitor his social media and clientele over here, I took in training course in the community center, so it's okay."

"Which 'Frank' hosted?" Frank asked.

"Number thirty-six and number five.", Beverly replied.

"As long as it's not number twenty-five, we're good." he responded. "She's such a suppressed sadist. It might of affected the demonstration."

"What do you mean? She was so calm and cheerful." Beverly said, "She's a good mentor."

"It's ashame you didn't see her massive Ladyboner." Frank said, "She always chickens out on punishment when she gets turned on. And everyone mistakes it for kindness. She only looks innocent."

"You a masochist Frank?" teased Beverly.

"Been self-destructive Jane?" he teased her back.

"You're the one who brought her Ladyboner up." she remarked, "Not me."

"Oh really? You've met her, you sure she didn't convince you that you were curious?" he taunted her. "She did host it, right?"

"Nope. She was there to support a friend." she stated, "And she's not my type."

"Be honest Bev." Frank said.

"You asked for it Frank. So don't be testy with me when it's all said and done." she told him nervously feeling like she was about to cross the line, "I thought she was cute. But she wasn't looking for a friend like me. She already had one. Could you make a guess?"

Frank didn't want to continue the conversation anymore. Beverly went mute too. "I won't say anymore. Only if you ask me to. But don't be a stalker, Frankie."

"It's an open relationship." he explained, "She won't tell me her other partners unless she sees me miserable. I'm supposed to be okay with her choices right? She really enjoys the freedom to do whatever she wants." he sighed, "Sometimes she's so hard to read. And I don't know if she's messing with me or not because she brings it up all the time."

Joe didn't stick around for this conversation. He packed Christopher and Carnelian into the trunk. And had waited for Frank in the car.

"The personal files are there." Frank pointed out to Jane. It was on the desk next to the equipment. "Before the police come poking around about Jorel, file a missing persons report the day after tomorrow. Get notified as one of his employers. Then inform his family."