29

Evan pov.

“ No, no. You’re doing it wrong. Positive thoughts.” I say. We're on our third day of me trying to teach her. She growls a bit.

“ I'm not trying to fly to Neverland, Evan” She rolls her eyes at me, then bursts into giggles. She closes her eyes, and attempts to go through the shadow. Instead of walking into the shadow, she trips and falls into a bright patch of sunlight streaming through a window. She phases into it , ending up on the other side of the room. Her eyes light up once she opened them.

“ I guess you can travel through light instead “ I state. She giggles.

“ I guess so.Maybe I can do both!” she says, her eyes even brighter than before. I shrug, and Nathaniel looks at her, encouraging it. We brought him in today, so he wasn't all alone.

“ Yeah, you should try, Raven!” He says.

“ Okay! Well.maybe I have to do the opposite though. If angels use positive emotions to travel through light,maybe demons use negative emotions.” She says. I nod.

“ Possibly.”

She takes in a breath, her eyes closed once more. She steps into a shadow and dissapears. And she doesn't resurface. Nat looks around, his eyes wide.

“ Raven?” He asks. I hear a soft giggle, then she reappears, with someone in tow. It's the siren , Peyton. I raise an eyebrow at Raven.

“ What? Can't leave Peyton. They're my boyfriend's sibling” She says, her arms crossed. I sigh.

“ Well . At least we know you can carry people through shadows.” I say.

“ I already knew that, Daddy took us through shadows”

“ Let's get something to eat,then we can get out of here.” I say. I raise my hand to the panel that hides the door, and we exit.

Peyton follows.

“ Raven?  Do you feel the difference too?” they ask.

“ What do you mean?” she asks.

“ Can you feel the energy of your twin at all?”

“ I… no. I normally can-”

I flinch a bit, and Peyton notices.

“ You know why, don't you?” They ask, squinting at me. I nod, but I keep my mouth shut.

“ You do?” Raven asks. I nod again.

“ You're an Angel, right?” Peyton asks.

“ Yes. I am. Why?” I tilt my head, and they smirk.

“ So… you have to tell the truth, don't you?” They grin.

“ Ah. No. Not technically, because I'm only half. Though I do feel compelled to tell the truth” I say, then growl at myself internally.

“ Great. So. Tell us what happened. Why can't we feel the energy of our twins?” Peyton presses. I sigh.

“ Your souls have been disconnected.”  I answer, Raven giving me a glare.

“ What!?  Is that why…. No wonder I had a damn nightmare.” Raven says. I flinch again.

“ Don't hate me. I knew about it, but I didn't do it. It's not like I had much of a choice-” I say. Peyton pats me on the head.

“ It's cool, as long as you get us out of here.” They say. I fix my hair, glaring as the streaks of color come out.

“ Whatever. Let's just get something to eat “ Raven sighs. We plan for a bit, and have an exact time we are leaving before we walk into the cafeteria, sitting at my usual table. Jordan gives me a nod.