Finn's Dream

I was shocked. What was I supposed to say. I had no idea that he felt this way. I thought that he loved New York. When we were still in Ohio, we would talk about New York and broadway and having a family here all the time. I thought that this is what he wanted. "I-I had no idea," I told him. " Of course you didn't! Because you never ask what I want. It's always about you!" He sounded furious. "Finn, can we just talk about this, please, I begged. "Rachel, I've wanted to talk about this for years now, but you don't care what I want. You never have," he told me. "I do now," I said. "Please, just tell me what you want. I'm listening now," i pleaded. "Fine, you want to know what I want. I want to take the job at McKinely. Glee Club is everything to me. I want to buy a real house in a small city and have family dinners. I want you to be home with Allen and our other baby. I want to be the one who gets the pay check and talks about how great my day was working with Mr. Schue and fighting with Ms. Sylvester. That's what I've wanted since the day I graduated from there. I never wanted to be in the military, Rachel." He was crying. Again, I didn't know what to say. I just stood there in silence. I didn't want to leave New York. I couldn't. I didn't know what to do. What could I do?