Family Moment

When I finished feeding Allen, him and I went downstairs so I could prepare breakfast for myself. I had a goats milk yogurt topped with granola and berries. When Finn walked down he was wearing a camouflage suit with his duffle bag in one hand and a hat in the other. "Hi," he said, finally acknowledging me. "Hi Finn," he came over and kissed me on the lips and then on the forehead. "You look handsome," I said as I brushed his head. "Thank you," he pulled out milk from the refrigerator. "You okay?" He asked. "Umm yeah, I'm fine," I replied softly. We sat down and had breakfast at the table together. When we finished eating, Finn turned on fox news on the television so he could check the weather. It was supposed to be a nice day, which put me at ease, knowing he wasn't going to be flying in rocky weather. We had about an hour before we had to be at the airport so after Finn changed Allen's diaper, we snuggled up on the coach, just for one last family moment before my husband was to leave us for six months. We sat there in silence, I had my head on Finn and I held Allen in my arms as Finn rubbed my arms and kissed my head every now and then. It was nice. But then I started crying. We were sitting there like nothing was going to change in six hours from now. "Rachel," he heard me sniffle, "Rach, honey, are you-," he sat up a little, causing me to move, too. I stood up and put Allen in his play pin. "I'm fine," I said, as I was putting him down. "Can we talk?" Finn asked. "There's nothing to talk about. Can you double check to make sure you have everything, including your ticket. I'm gonna make sure everything is in the diaper bag." I ran upstairs to fetch the diaper bag, while Finn went into the kitchen to check his duffle.