Levi x Eren (part 2)

Eren felt awkward.

Sure, he'd been on dates before. None of them were like this though. No dates he'd ever been on were at high class resturaunts like this one. He had just assumed that Levi would take him to the shop where they had met. He shouldn't have thought that. Levi was extremely...different. It was a brilliant different, of course. It was a completely attractive different. Here he was, sitting across from Eren, being the attractive guy that he hardly knew. It was completely frustrating.

"Ah, Levi?" Eren fiddled with the sparklinh silverware next to a china plate.

Levi looked up from the menu the was holding and grunted an acknowledgement.

"I have no clue what any of this stuff is." Eren gestured to the menu which had all of three dinner plates on it. He was out of his element. Who knew french class in high school would've been needed? That was the one class he refused to pay attention in. The teacher was rude.

Surprisingly, Levi chuckled. "Figured you wouldn't."

Eren frowned playfully. "And what exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you're going to get what i order for you because you can't read french. And I don't want you to slaughter my language, you illiterate fool." Levi looked up at the waitress and rattled something off to her in french. She nodded and left.

"I want to know more about you." Levi admitted looking Eren dead in the eyes. He had become to love those bright, curious eyes in the short time he'd known him.

Eren squirmed in his seat. "Well, ah, I don't know. Um--"

"Start from the beginning. Tell me you're full name, where you're from, what you're goals are..." Levi suggested. The waitress came back with a bottle of red wine and filled two glasses halfway for them both.

Eren nodded. "I'm Eren Jaeger. I'm from Germany. My goals are to..." He trailed off. He'd thought he had plenty of goals. But not one popped into his mind. He was distracted by Levi. He wasn't doing anything really. He was just sipping his wine and watching him. "I don't really have any goals I guess."

Levi smirked. "I'm sure you do, Mr. Eren Jaeger. Whether they're about me or a job or life in general." Eren blushed. Thankfully the pesky waitress came back with their food. Honestly, it didn't look very appetizing to either of them. Levi looked at Eren. He was waiting for an answer.

"Uhm, yes. I guess I do have goals in al of those things." He blushed again and poked the 'food' with a fork. He was told to elaborate. "Well, in the case with you, I...want to get closer to you. You seem really amazing and you actually kind of inspire me in a way that's really hard to explain. My goal with a job... I really want to get promoted into a better company. I'm really into animation. I'm owrking a bit with seperate cartoons and stuff like that but I'm hoping all be up there with Pixar and Studio Ghibli one day. With...life. I just... want to get through it. Peacefully. With someone by my side and a good relationship with my family and--" Eren stopped abruptly. "Sorry."

"No no! Don't be sorry. I like listening to you talk. You're really compassionate when you speak." Levi grabbed Eren's hand that was lying on the table and squeezed it. Eren smiled.

"I wanna know about you now."

"Okay, well, my name is Levi. I used to be in the military. I really hate this food I ordered. And I more or less just brought you here to impress you." Eren's nose scrunched up.

"That's cute."

"I'm serious! I'm half french and I cannot stand half of the food there!" As if to emphasize his point, he pushed away his plate.

"Then... how about we ditch this place and go somewhere else?"

Levi smirked. "Not bad, Bright Eyes." He threw down enough cash to pay for their uneaten meals and pulled Eren to his feet. "And I know just the place."

Eren knew exactly where they were headed when Levi exited off the highway an exit too early to be going to one of the chain resturaunts. He grinned when they pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop where they had met. He laughed when they walked in hand-in-hand to find the red headed woman, Hanji, waiting for them in a chef costume.

The coffee shop was empty except for them and Hanji the Chef. A single table with a white table cloth and red rose on top of it was in the middle of the shop. Two mugs filled with steaming lattes and a single platter full of sweets filled their stomaches.

They talked about theirselves with Hanji occasionally butting in, pretending to be helpful, but they both knew she was just being nosy. They held hands over the table the whole time. Together they laughed and joked and got to know each other better.

It was better than that fancy place where they were forced to awkward silence. Levi was surprisingly thankful to Hanji, and Eren even more so.

~*~*~*~*~

woo!!! long time no see ereri! jk jk this is the second in a row! thanks for the request and sorry it probably sucked!