Mikasa x Eren

Mikasa x Eren

Going on a date with Mikasa was kind of cool. She never complained about where they were going or anything. She always made one request though.

She always wanted to do something fun and active in any way.

Eren loathed bowling. He'd honestly rather stay inside the theater they were at now. He knew Mikasa would love it though, so he manned up when the movie was over and took her to the town's only bowling alley.

She smiled when they pulled into the parking lot. That was all Eren needed to know that he'd done something right. Mikasa was quiet, but not shy. An aura of confidence radiated out of her and efected everyone around her. People felt stronger. She was a solid island in the middle of an upset ocean. That was probbly one of the things Eren loved most about her.

"Love you Mikasa." Eren mumbled. It wasn't the first time he'd said it, but his cheeks still flamed.

Mikasa smiled again and Eren's heart skipped a beat. "Love you too Eren." She kissed his cheek and jumped out of the car.

Eren stayed in for a moment to try and force the butterflies in his stomach out. He hopped out, got his shoes, and found Mikasa at lane two.

He sat down in a chair next to their lane and began putting on his shoes. "I hope you know how much I hate bowling." He grabbed a size 12 bowling ball and put it on the rack next to her ball.

"That means something I'm assuming." Mikasa put in their names on the screen above them.

"Yeah, it means a lot." Eren sighed and got up from the chair. He was first to bowl.

They played three games before Eren gave up. He was surprised he had even won one of the games. He was surprised he had even gotten very few gutter balls. Last time he had bowled, it was the only place where the ball ended up in.

Mikasa had done well, which wasn't unexpected. Eren knew she'd play well. He was also pretty sure Mikasa had let him win that one game. Mikasa denied.

Eren bought the two of them each a Dr. Pepper for on the way back. They held hands while Eren drove with one hand to Mikasa's home. They were exhausted and didn't talk much on the ride back. They had had a great time but something was hurting in the pit of Eren's stomach. He knew it wasn't the pesky insects with painted wings in his stomach. It was worse than that. It was a fear he couldn't put his finger on.

He decided to dismiss it as a "just not feeling well" when they arrived.

He walked her to her front door and  kissed her good night. It was a good thing that she lived alone. Eren didn't think he could handle a male version of Mikasa. Especially since she could be pretty terrifying when she was ticked. An older version of that anger would disastrous. 

"Thank you for doing something you hated Eren." She said, tugging at the ends of her red scarf. Eren had given it to her when she was in the hospital after an accident a few years back. Eren had rarely seen her without it since then. "I feel special."

"You should." Eren laughed. "So same time Friday?"

"Friday is tomorrow."

"I know. I love hanging out with you though." Eren grinned. He was so cheesy. Incredibly cheesy, but incredibly truthful.

"Love you too Eren." Mikasa started to close the door. "I'll see you at 8 tomorrow night." She closed the door.

Eren fist pumped.