Annie x Eren

Annie x Eren

"Okay, yes, good." clap clap. "One more try and then class is over." thump thump. Annie winced at the sight before her. Eren had wanted to get better at fighting. But challenging one of the strongest on the team for a sparring match was not the way to go. She was surprised Mikasa had even agreed to spar with him. Eren was currently panting, face-down on the mat. Mikasa was standing at a ready position above him with not even a bead of sweat in sight.

The teacher congratulated Mikasa and helped Eren up. He'd probably have a few bruises tomorrow morning. I grabbed my bag and started heading for the front doors.

"Tomorrow, Eren, I want you to try and beat Levi."

I stopped mid-step and spun back around on my heels. Eren's eyes were wide and as much as he tried to hide it, I saw fear. Levi was the strongest. He's won nationals more than once. To me, he just seemed like an arrogant bastard.  I didn't like people like him.

"Okay." the teacher clapped Eren's back. "You can go." Everyone began filing out of them room. I stayed behind, hidden near the locker room where I knew Eren would go. He did as I had assumed. I followed him in, closing the door quietly.

He started when he saw me in the mirror, whipping around to look at me. "Ah, what are you doing in here?"

"Your technique is poor."

"Yeah, I know. I think I'm going to skip class tomorrow." He washed his face in the sink then wiped it clean.

"He would make you make up the sparring." I reasoned. I had decided I would help him. I was tired of seeing him face down on the blue mat, I told myself. I didn't exactly believe but whatever.

Eren raised an eyebrow suspiciously."What do you want, Annie?"

"I want to help you beat that thick-headed idiot." His face relaxed and I realized he had been holding a breath. He had been expecting a fight.

"Okay then." he shrugged nonchalantly. "How do you suggest I do it?" Wow, not even an objection. He must know he needs help.

"Well first we need to fix your stance. Come on." I led him out and onto the blue mat. "Show me your stance." He got in a flimsy ready position. "If I were Rivaille, I would immediately have you down on the ground. Your position is too weak. Spread your legs, shoulder width apart." I smacked his legs and he moved them. I walked around him. "Now have more tension in your upper body." I put a hand on his chest and he immediately tensed. I smirked. "Okay now think on how you attack." I paused slightly. "Attack lower. You always attack at the chest and core area. To be honest, that's one of everyone's strong point."

"Unless your a girl." Eren mumbled. I smacked him on the back of the head and continued. "Knock out another strong point instead. Can you guess what that is Eren?"

He thought for a minute. "The a--"

"The legs Eren." I sighed and put a hand to my temple. "Try it on me."

He tried to knock my feet away with his leg. I jumped over it easily and countered by sliding his extended leg out further. He landed on his back with an thump.

"And that is how you avoid that attack. Do you understand?" He nodded and got up. We practiced that until he mastered it.

"Use his attacks to your advantage. If he tries to throw a punch what do you do?" I threw a punch at him to exaggerate my point.

He quickly understood. He dodged it, grabbed my wrist and flipped me over. I landed on my back.

I was proud of him. We had been practising for almost three hours. He was a fast learner. He just needed someone to teach him.

"I think you're ready Eren." I got up and cracked my back. "Good job Eren." I grabbed my bag from the bench I'd left it on.

"Wait, really?" Eren's eyes were wide with eagerness. "Thank you so much!" He attacked me from behind with a hug. 

I could've easily kicked him away, but this was nice. I decided I liked his hugs. He was warm and big and strong. But sweaty and smelly.

I pulled gently away from his embrace. "If you want I can teach you more if you want."

"Really?" He brightened up a bit more. He was like a puppy.

"Not now though. Later." He deflated. "Good luck tomorrow puppy. Remember what I taught you."

He nodded eagerly and walked out with me. The sun was just starting to set.  He kissed me on the cheek. "See ya tomorrow Annie. Thank you so much!" He waved and left me standing dumbstruck in the middle of the parking lot.

I felt a smile at the corner of my lips. He would be fun to teach.