Jean X Marco

Jean x Marco

Jean grasped the hands that reached weakly out to him. What was he supposed to do? What else was there left to do?

One of the hands was cold. And metal.

His boyfriend Marco had just gone through a major surgery. He was now an amputee with a metal prosthetic leg and arm both on his right side.

When he got the call, that heart stopping call a few days ago, he fell to his knees and screamed until he couldn't feel his lungs and his ears were ringing.

Marco had gone to war. He had been gone a while. Almost six months of not bearing from him had almost driven Jean insane. He loved his boyfriend. He loved him so much. It was hard to explain. The best he could do to show his love was to say it as often as possible and embrace the moments when he cane home. Jean was terrified every single day that he would receive a call and be told that Marco would be sent home in a casket. When he received the call, he cried of relief that his beloved was indeed alive but needed immediate surgery and would have to be met at the hospital.

They said that he was caught in an explosion, but no one knew for sure. Only Marco knew.

Jean felt tears in his eyes and held Marco's hands to his face.  "Marco. Marco, I'm here. I love you. Please wake up Marco." Jean sobbed into the hands. Marco hadn't woke up since the surgery two days ago.

He was in a pitiful state. Bandages were wrapped over half his body. What skin you could see was covered in scars and scratches.

Jean squeezed his hands tightly and looked up determinedly at Marco's peaceful face.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." He said it over and over again until he wasn't sure what he was saying.

Finally, a nurse walked in to tell him that the hospital visiting hours were over but he was allowed to stay in the bed next to Marco's. Jean thanked her without looking up from his lover.

Jean repeated the words over and over again. He felt hysteria clawing it's way into his throat and bubbling out of his mouth like a mad man.

"Marco Wake Up I Need You! Wake Up Now Or I'll..I'll Break Up With You!" Jean knew it wouldn't work but he tried the threat. It didn't work.

He laid his head back down on the hands and bawled. He prayed. He cursed. He pleaded.

He soon fell asleep in the chair next to Marco's bed, still gripping the hands and laying his head on Marco's lap.

He awoke when a nurse shook him.  "I need to check his vitals. You should go home to get some stuff." She pushed Jean gently to the door.  "I have a feeling you won't miss anything."

Jean nodded grimly looking back at the man he loved. As he stepped out of the door, a weak, cracked voice called out to him.  "Jean. Please don't leave me. I love you."

Jean ran back in and fell to his knees next to Marco. The nurse ran out to go get the doctors.

"Marco, oh Marco you're awake. I've missed you so much."

Marco grinned weakly.  "I've missed you too Jean." He reached forward and with surprising strength, pulled Jean in to kiss him.

Jean had missed this. He'd missed Marco's lips so much.

Marco pulled away gently.  "I woke up, Jean." He said with all seriousness.  "I heard you. You're not going to break up with me are you?"

Jean laughed, happy tears leaning from his eyes.  "Never Marco. We need each other."

Marco nodded in agreement, laughing as well.

They kissed again. Jean knew that Marco was strong. He could make it through his life with these fake limbs. And He'd be with him every srep of the way.

--

(A/N: aww yeah! two in one day! I think jeanmarco is one of my favorites. Requests?)