Armin x Eren

Eren loved Armin. It sounded as simple as that. Eren knew better though. Love was a tricky, terrifying thing. It was something that kept someone up all night. Everyone has or will go through the ache in their chest. There was always the fear of it.

No, Eren thought. It's the fear of rejection that haunts people. Rejection and the hurt that comes with it.

Eren shook his head. He needed to stay optimistic. For not just his sake, but his innocent Armin's.

Eren had it all planned out by the time he had picked up Armin down the street. He was sitting under the old tree in his front yard. He was wearing a pale green tank top and swim shorts. He looked lost in thought. He didn't even blink when Eren pulled up in his beat up (not-so) cherry red (anymore) impala.

Eren got out and sat next to him in the shade. "Armin?" He put a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder.

Armin jumped. He blushed. "Sorry Eren. I didn't see you." He said sheepishly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yes. Totally. Of course." Armin flushed deeper as he said it quickly.

Eren shrugged and helped Armin up with him. "Come on, let's go be a cliche couple." He opened the door for the blonde and got in. He knew the perfect place.

He'd decided a while ago that he wanted to take Armin to the one spot where they met. On the beach.

It took an hour or two to get to the beach. They were okay with the long drive. They had each other's company that satisfied them. They parked surprisingly easily. It wasn't very crowded today. There was only the sporadic bunch of people down the shore. Most likely it was because of the clouds floating ominously overhead.

It was the perfect day to say something. Armin loved days like this. Don't ask him why, he just did.

Eren and Armin walked hand in hand down the shore. The wind whipped their hair and clothes around. Waves crashed against each other, gradually getting bigger and smaller.

Eren thought it would be best to say it as casually as he could. He just hoped that Armin wouldby say something. Or maybe he hoped he would. Eren's chest hurt.

He began telling a random story he'd read about on the internet. In the middle of a sentence he said it. "So then Sam and I love you Dean is just like are you kidding me?"

Armin stopped laughing and gave Eren a curious look. "What? Sam and I love you Dean? What does that even mean?"

Eren sighed. Damn he noticed. Eren made an indecipherable sound.

"What?" Armin ran a hand down Eren's arm. "Are you okay?"

Eren sighed again, completely exasperated. "I said that I l-love you?" It sounded like a question. He squeezed his eyes closed waiting for the let down.

Instead, he felt a light punch to his shoulder. His eyes snapped open. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Oh Eren, you dumb bimbo. I love you too. I heard you the first time. I just wanted to hear you say it again."
Wow he's smarter than I give him credit for, Eren thought even though the first time he said it was not subtle at all.

Armin leaned up and kissed him. "Okay, come on idiot. Jaw off the sand. Let's get hot dogs or something. I'm hungry and I see a stand." Armin started walking again, dragging a love struck boy with a dumb look on his face behind him.