16

"Jungkook.. Jungkook wake up.."

Jungkook accidentally slept in his history class. Good thing that the history teacher let him be. He slept leaning on the table with his hands for a pillow and covering half of his face. He felt a huge palm resting on his left shoulder shaking it gently. The sleeping boy opened his eyes slowly, his first view is to see his brother's face. By looking at the younger's face, he's skin is pale. Obviously he's not in a good condition. "I knew this will happen," Junghyun sighed. He pressed his palm on Jungkook's forehead. As expected, a fever.

"Why this keeps happening every winter.." Jungkook mumbled under his hands. "I can't handle it anymore.."

Junghyun grabbed Jungkook's coat and placed it on Jungkook's back. "Maybe we should stay here for a while.."

"Who are you talking to, hyung?" Jungkook asked.

A second later, he heard a giggle from a girl. "You didn't realize that I'm also here, Jungkookie?" Heart thudding, he felt her fingers running on his hair stroking it to the back. "Do you want to wear your scarf?"

"No thanks noona, you should wear it so you can be warm," Jungkook replied with his husky voice.

"I think the wind will get stronger if you don't go back home right now," Junghyun looked out the window.

"You told us to wait here for a while," Jungkook said.

"Okay, let's go back home," Jieun added. Before the 2 seniors could walk away, Jungkook called.

"Hyung.."

Junghyun and Jieun looked back at Jungkook, who's struggling to put on his coat and standing up. He can't balance his body. Suddenly, a wave of dizziness hit Jungkook's head. Maybe it's because of his fever. His eyes were almost closed shut. Holding his body with both of his hands on his desk, he can't even move his feet towards them. Jieun walked towards Jungkook and held on to his hand. "I'll hold on to you, just in case of you slipped on the way back."

"Lets go back home," Junghyun picked up Jungkook's school bag and walked in front of Jieun and Jungkook leading the way. Jungkook looked around the hallway, it's completely empty. Where's eveybody?

"Hyung, how long was I asleep?" Jungkook began to ask.

"I'm not sure how long, but it's around 3.40 in the afternoon-ish? I don't know," he replied. Jungkook hummed in respond. Good thing no one's here except for us. "You guys should stay here, I'll bring my car to the front gate so both of you wont freeze." Junghyun walked fast but slowly towards the school's parking lot, turning on his car engine and throwing all of his stuff on the passenger seat beside him.

Quickly, he turned the wheel driving his car backwards. He spun the wheel with one hand. The car stopped in front of the school gate. It made honking noise, a signal for Jungkook and Jieun. "Hey Jungkook! Jieun! Come on in here it's getting windy this afternoon!" He shouted.

"Jungkookie," she tapped Jungkook's shoulder. "Can you get up?" After looking at Jungkook again, she can clearly see that his face is getting paler. There, she knew that she had to go fast. She grabbed Jungkook's hand, pulling his gently towards the car. Junghyun opened the car door for his brother and Jieun. As they went inside the car, Junghyun went back to his seat then drove away.

School and house, well, isn't that far away. While Junghyun's driving, he asked, "Are you feeling a bit better now?"

"I think so," he responded weakly. Jungkook's eyes wanted to shut at that moment. He almost fell asleep in the car. "Jungkook, don't sleep yet, you're almost home.." he thought. It was just 7 minutes, felt like an hour in the car- but finally, they have arrived at their destination. His brother parked his car in front of his house. Taking of his coat to cover Jungkook's body.

Jieun stepped out of Junghyun's car and bowed at him. "Thank you for today," she smiled.

"No problem," Junghyun smiled back, worried. "I have to take care of this kid first then I'll go second." First, Jieun stared at Junghyun, who's helping Jungkook to balance his body to stand up. Spacing out. She blinked twice when the brothers went past her.

"I-i should help too," Jieun said, shruged.

"I'm not asking you to go back home or not letting you help but, aren't you like.. get easily sick too?" Junghyun asked. Jungkook wanted to see Jieun's face before he rest. He could barely move his legs. Can't really expect his head turning around towards Jieun.

"I do get easily sick, but I'd rather get sick then staying at home worrying about your brother here," she said in a faint tone. Eyes on Junghyun but back to Jungkook, they're precious to Jieun, especially Jungkook. Junhyun took the house keys in his pocket and unlocked the door.

"I should tell mom about this," Junghyun and Jieun placed Jungkook on the couch slowly. The elder fished his phone in his bag as he dialed his mother's number. Pressing the phone on his ear, he walked away to wait for an answer. "Jieun, could you acompany Jungkook for awhile?" She nooded. "Thank you for helping, really.."

"You're welcome," she replied. The girl sat down beside the boy who's having a fever. He's having a fever, but his body is shaking, like shivering. He looks like he's just having a bad cold, but he's having a bad fever? It's confusing Jieun. A spark lighten up in her mind. Quickly opening the red scarf that she's wearing and placed it around Jungkook's neck to warm him up. Junghyun left his coat on the edge of the couch. She took it to use it as a blanket for Jungkook's legs. The younger mumbled a 'thank you' weakly to her.

Jieun frowned. Her eyes were locked on Jungkook's. Suddenly, a huge wind broke into the house. The front door wasn't closed properly. Junghyun, who's still talking on the phone, ran towards the door and locked it. "Sorry Jungkook!" He shouted, pressing back his phone afterwards.

"W-we should go to your room, Jungkookie," Jieun said, thinly. As she stood up halfway, Jungkook held Jieun's hand, signaling to stay. She sat down beside him again. Without knowing, the boy pulled her closer to him. Jungkook leaned his head againts Jieun's, cheeks pressed. Junghyun walked towards the 2 figures sitting on the couch.

Tapping Jungkook's shoulder sotfly, "Mom told me to look after you, she said that you should stay in your room in these cases," he explained.

Finally, he agreed. As he stood up and walk slowly to the stairs, "Hey hyung," he stopped midway. Junghyun hummed, confused. "Why does my head feel so heavy-" he dropped down on his knees followed by the rest his body on the floor. He collapsed due to his fever and weak body.

"Jungkook!" Junghyun and Jieun ran towards him, kneeling down. The floor was cold as ice.

"J-junghyun, w-we should do something."