Chapter 05

<< SVEN KLEINFELD >>

Sven has her mouth open, aghast at how Fon tamed the dragon. She could have used her BeastMaster voice instead of using this massive aura to make the dragon aware of her magick, but for Fon, it's too predictable, too boring.

Fear etches on Sven's face. If the dark witches learned of this magick level, they would stop at nothing to acquire it. If Fon becomes a dark witch herself, even she, with her sister Myr, could not possibly stop her.

Next is the uneasiness that creeps into her. It is fortunate that it is only the three of them in the room. She looks back at Prim and her uneasiness increases. Something is amiss with Prim's usual smile.

She watches the way Fon straddles the dragon and leaves the room. The task is over. Fon wins this round again.

Following Fon, she leaves the room and notices the fear in the faces of each spectator. It might be the first time they see a real live dragon straddled by a witch. Even her Tamer brother told her about the difficulty of taming a dragon and yet, Fon did it with so much ease.

Then her attention goes to both Finn and Myr. Myr is in the judges' area, standing up and looking aghast, the same as the other judges except for Philomena who is massaging her head. Finn, on the other hand, is staring at Fon with his mouth wide open. She might have looked like that when Fon started to tame the dragon inside the room.

"That, I think, concludes the test, right, fellow judges?" Jayden asks, unsure of what to do.

"Fon, I think you should lead the dragon back to its room," Philomena suggests when the dragon tries to roar. She's the only one who is still composed, something that is befitting of a judge.

The judges are discussing things again when Fon obeys and leads the dragon back to its room. No one among them expected any candidates to tame the dragon, much less straddle it and carry it outside the room like it is some domestic animal.

She sighs. Fon is too much. She must learn how to stop displaying the extent of her magick like this. Maybe, she comes from a non-magical family and that is why she is naïve about the true nature of witches and the danger it entails.

"Fon wins this round," Jayden announces, and like the first day, no one claps their hands except for the apprentice with the shocking red hair in the front seats. She is short and thin but has the same mischievous smile as Fon. It's only her who clapped, but it is already enough for Fon to smile warmly at the girl with the red hair.

"Fon is followed by Ayin at the second place and Cesky at third place." Jayden continues.

Fon snickers, and it is noticeable how Ayin glares at her. For these two, they made use of the time when Fon entered the highest pointer. The both of them entered one of the middle pointers.

With Fon's display of magick, Cesky's will was broken. However, it creates an opposite effect on Ayin. He faced the strongest middle pointer and defeated it within minutes. Cesky, in turn, chose the weakest middle pointer and defeated it just in time before Fon went out of the highest pointer room.

"Sven and Prim garnered zero points and tied at the last place," Jayden informs. "And that concludes the second task!"

Now that it's done, she walks towards Myrielle. She needs to talk about this event with her sister. Only Myr and Finn can enlighten her and advise her on what to do.

Fon, on the other hand, leaves the grounds with Philomena. With that display of magick, she knew that Fon is in trouble even if she never used her BeastMaster voice. She might have scared a lot of people. Although, she thinks it will be minimal punishment. Besides, this is a competition, it's better if Fon doesn't hold herself back for them.