Chapter 4

List of Substitutes:

Y/n = Your name

O/n = Online name

<><><><><><><><><><>

((Aphmau POV))

I knew I shouldn't have done that... But what if they had known me? Would they have turned on me too? I-I just needed some time. That's all. I'd unlock the door as soon as I talked to the mystery music person.

I entered the music room, heading for the middle practise room door. I knocked quietly. "Uhm, hello? Excuse me?" There was a pause, but a gruff voice rang out a few seconds later. "Yeah. What do you want?" I let out a sigh. "I was hoping we could talk? I know that whenever I come here I always it's always with a problem but..." I was cut off, as the person cleared their throat. "Sorry. But can you leave me alone today." My eyes widened in shock. "Wh-What? You too?" I stammered. "I don't want to talk today. Go away." I felt tears sting my eyes, and I wiped them away with my sleeve. "You too... why is everyone turning on me? Everything is just crumbling under my feet, and I don't know why... Whose next? Katelyn? Teony... I don't even know what I did!"

I slid to the floor, bringing my knees close to my chest. Who else could I turn to? From what I just did, there's no way I could go back to BorkeD and (O/n). Why had I messed everything up? I sat there, gazing at the floor before I remembered one last thing, one last person, who always was there for me. I pulled out my phone, finding our conversation.

Private Chat: FC

Shu: FC? I know I shouldn't be texting you during school, but I really need someone to talk to right now.

FC: Shu, it's alright, I'm here. Are you okay?

Shu: I don't know. Everyone is just acting different today. The two boys I've told you about are ignoring me, acting totally different.

I lost focus on the phone, as I heard the noise of a phone going off just a few inches away. Was my phone echoing?

FC: Hey, calm down. I can't really do anything besides tell you it'll all be okay. I don't know the exact details of what you're going through, all I know is that these guys like you. Did you do something bad to them?

Shu: I don't know...

I was distracted again, as the noise repeated itself again. What was that?

Shu: I think I did something bad... but not only to them. I've done so many wrong things today. It's like the world is twisting itself around just to ruin me... I just need someone to talk to...

"Hey, are you getting texts right now?" I turned toward the door behind me. That wasn't... that wasn't my phone echoing.

FC: Shu... ... did you hear that?

I listened, only silence. Until there was a knocking on the door. I jumped a little.

Shu: WHAT??

FC: Did you hear that knocking?

I glanced from my phone to the door, and back again. "A-Are you kidding... does that... are you?"

Shu: Were you seriously knocking on a door?

I shuffled backward as I heard the message received noise echo through the room. Yet it still wasn't an echo...

Shu: This has to be a joke right? A dream?

FC: It has to be. No way are we going to the same school.

Shu: It's impossible. No way. We can't all be here! I'll knock. Three times.

I got to my feet, cautiously reaching toward the door. I knocked. Three times, each with a pause in between.

FC: Shu... You're right outside this door...

"Wait, that means!" I scrambled a few feet away from the door, as I watched the doorknob turning. The door clicked open. And there, standing in the doorway, was him.

Aaron.

There was no way. There was no way he was FC.

(Time skip: 2 hours)

((Y/n) POV))

I yawned, rapidly blinking my eyes open. I must have fallen asleep. I began to raise my hands up to stretch when I realised that one of my hands was significantly heavier than the other. I turned my head, wincing as my neck cracked. How had I managed to fall asleep against a wall? I looked down at my hand, only to nearly yelp at the sight. Tightly clutching my hand was none other than Daniel. He was leaning against the wall, his side pressed against it as he leant his head on the wall. He was smiling, most likely due to a good dream. He looked adorable, with his fringe a little messy, and his tail even swishing. Just the tiniest bit.

'Wait, what was I doing here? I came here to study with Daniel... OH! That's right... Shu locked us in here... I hope she's alright... How long has it been? On Irene, we've probably missed class!' I shuffled around on the floor until I was able to wriggle my phone out of my pocket. I turned it on, watching the phone screen flicker to life. I smiled at my wallpaper. It was an adorable photo of Dottie, Daniel Rylan and I, all dashing away from a busted window... the first one we ever broke together.

I sighed. 30 minutes until the end of the day. I was soooo getting in trouble.

Group Chat: First Fantasy XI

(O/n): uuuh, Shu? Are you going to let us out?

Shu: OOOOOH MY IRENE! I'm so sorry! I got distracted!

FC: What? What did you do Shu?

Shu: I uh. May or may not have locked (O/n) and BorkeD in a classroom??

FC: ... wait! They know each other? You know them? THEY GO HERE TOO?

(O/n): Too? SHU WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Shu: I'm COMING! We'll sort this out...

I gently shook Daniels' hand. He began to stir, groaning as he stretched his legs out. His eyes slowly opened, meeting my gaze as he finally awoke. "Hey (Y/n)..." he trailed off, glancing down at my hand, intertwined with his. I watched as his face became tinted pink, and I felt my own cheeks heat up as well. "U-Uhm. Shu is coming to get us. I th-think she's bringing FC with her too." Daniel shot straight up, eyes wide. "FC is here too?" I nodded. At that moment, we heard footsteps echoing through the hall. Two people stopped outside the door. "Shu? FC? I-Is that you guys?" I heard a sharp inhale. "Y-Yeah. Sorry about... you know... locking you inside..." a soft voice, I assumed was Shu's, was muffled slightly by the door.

I brought myself to my feet, pulling Daniel up with me. We stood side by side, hand in hand. Yet I was so focused on the door, I didn't even notice his soft green tail, slightly curl around my own. There was a loud click that seemed to echo around the room, drawing the tension even further. "You guys ready?" Shu asked. I glanced at Daniel, who of course, was smiling like an idiot. An adorable idiot... "Yep," I replied. Here and now, this is where we'd find out who we had known for so long.

We took a few steps back, watching the doorknob slowly turn, allowing the door to swing open. It felt as if the entire world had ground to a halt. My heart beat in my chest, louder than ever before. My palms were sweaty, I was near shaking. It was all just so surreal. The close friends I had assumed were miles away, were right behind that door. And next to me, of course. I stole a glance at Daniel, and my breath hitched. He looked so determined, so happy. Clutching my hand in his own, tail wagging. I'm glad that out of everyone, it was him.

But I still had to find out who else was part of this.