Chapter 5

List of Substitutes:

Y/n = Your name

(B/n) = Brother name

<><><><><><><><><><>

<> Let's just pretend that Aphmau is super dense and doesn't realise that you call Aaron the Alpha like... a bunch in this chapter. <>

...

...

"ALPHA?"

"APHMAU?"

Standing on the other side of the door, was none other than our Alpha, and his mate.

"Daniel? (Y/n)? Are you serious?" Aphmau cocked her head, her eyes wide.

"How did this even happen..." Aaron trailed off, sighing. I couldn't keep it together, I started laughing. Daniel, Aphmau and Aaron all turned to me, confused at my sudden outburst. "What's so funny (Y/n?) Daniel asked. I managed to calm my fit of giggles. "O-Oh- The fact that we were all RIGHT HERE! Not only at this school, the fact that we all managed to be here, right now. And we all know each other." Daniel smiled, and Aphmau and Aaron traded glances. "The odds of that would be near impossible," Aaron said, quickly moving through the doorway, pulling Aphmau with him. "I can't believe it was you Alpha! I don't think I ever thought of you who would play that sort of thing..." I trailed off, scratching the back of my neck. "Wait, why didn't you tell me you had the game (Y/n)? I ranted to you about it for like an hour!" Aphmau whined. "I didn't have the game back then. I bought it that night and played some stuff by myself... I didn't want to intrude on your game that you played with your friend... Although, seems that wasn't the case in the end." Once again, Aphmau and Aaron traded glances, smiling at each other.

That was the first time I had ever seen Aaron smile, genuinely. "So, uhh. What are we gonna do? We've sort of missed class..." Daniel mumbled. He let go of my hand, which felt strangely cold and empty without his touch.

"Blame it on me. I am the Omega." Aaron replied, casting his gaze downward. "You're the Alpha too! What do we say though? My mom is gonna kill meeeee" I wailed, falling to my knees. Quite dramatically, if I do say so myself. Aphmau giggled, while Aaron just smiled. "Uh, just say you were..." He glanced around the room, eyeing our books on the desk. "You were helping me study, and we lost track of time." He offered. Daniel and I nodded. "Wait, why didn't you guys just... you know... break a window or something?" Aphmau asked. "Well, I've already broken some windows today. They put a limit on how much stuff we can break. You get suspended if you go over the limit." I huffed, glaring at the window on the other side of the room. "Yeah..." Daniel's voice seemed even squeakier than before. He looked nervous and was staring at the floor as if hoping no one had heard him.

The school bell rang, and my shoulders slumped. Even if Aaron had told me to blame it on him, my mom would probably still be mad. And I'd be behind in class. I got to my feet, grabbing my books off the desk and sliding over to the door. "Alright, I gotta go. Dungeons tonight?" I asked. Everyone nodded, and Aphmau sent me off with a wave.

I shut the front door quietly, hoping maybe I could get just a moment of silence before my mom decided to storm in and demand an explanation. I managed to get to the stairs before my mother called out. "(Y/n)! Are you home? Can you come here please?" I sighed, tossing my bag down by the stairs. I hurried into the lounge room, where my mom was sitting, reading a book. "Yes, mom?" I stood awkwardly in the door. "I got a call from the school, saying you missed a few classes, are you alright?" I nearly scoffed in surprise. As much as my mother was caring, usually she'd get pretty worried about stuff like this "Oh u-uhm. Daniel and I were helping the Alpha study... We lost track of time." I hoped that my mother took the bait. She knew Daniel and told me he was a good boy to hang around with, so hopefully the fact that he was there would make her more at ease. She nodded. "Alright! Make sure you do your homework. (b/n) will be home soon, then you can get some snacks." I nodded, bowing my head as I left the room. I rushed back upstairs, grabbing my bag along the way. I tossed open the door, slammed my bag down, and leapt toward the computer.

Today was certainly an interesting one. I'd need time to think it all over.

Yet it still never dawned on me that Daniel hadn't broken a window that day.