Chapter 48

Luke's POV

I had been dismissed from the hospital after extremely careful procedures. I hid my bandages under my jumper sleeves in pure shame of my failed attempt. My parents had concealed it from the press and my private doctors made sure to keep their silence too.

I lay in my bed not feeling anything as I stared at the ceiling, wondering how my life came to this. I was so happy a few months ago and now I'm here. I'm here, alone with my brain fucked up. I'm here, alone with my phones blowing up from my friends as they 'care about me'. I'm here, alone with my ears ringing and head aching again.

I stood, feeling woozy. I gulped trying to regain my posture. "Lucas stop moving, I'm fine. You too Lockhart." I spoke to my guards, who were situated outside of my room, watching me. My parents had thought it would be a good idea if I had two guards shadowing me in case anything happened. I told them it was utter bullshit because it alienated me right after what I had done but, my mother's tear stained blotchy face made me give in to her request.

"Mr Brooks you're unstable, please lie down." Lockhart suggested.

"No." I retorted, leaving my room slowly. I walked down the stairs and stood in front of the large door the men following me.

"Where are you going?"

"I need some air. I want to go on a walk. I feel suffocated."

"Luke, do you think that's the best idea?"

"I said I feel suffocated!" I snapped, my hands feelings clammy and my breathing becoming heavier.

"Is he having a panic attack?"

"Lu?"

"Move!" My Sister barked at them both and she came to me holding onto my cheeks. "Look at me Lu." I focused on her as best as I could, although I could feel the feeling rising. "What can you see?"

"You."

"What can you feel?"

"Skin." I clenched my hands.

"What can you taste?"

"Blood."

"What can you smell?"

"Your perfume."

"What can you hear?"

"Ringing."

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I answered.

She raised a brow, "truthfully Luke."

"I feel nothing Maddison. You know that. I want some air."

"Okay. Take the guards with you." I gave her a nasty glare, "Your glares don't work on me Luke. You're taking them and they'll shadow you from a far distance. Okay?"

"If that's what it takes to go out fine." I snorted and she let go of me.

"Mother, Father we need to talk about panic and anxiety attacks and how to deal with them." Maddison shook her head as they opened the door for me.

"Can you guys stay far away from me please? 100-200ft or so?" I asked politely.

"Sir, are you sure your stable enough to walk?"

"Lucas I am fine." I snapped and then clenched my eyes shut. I reopened my eyes, rubbing my temples, "sorry Lucas. I didn't mean to snap."

"It's alright Luke."

"It's not really. Just because I am in an awful mood doesn't mean I have to exert that on others."

"Mr Brooks it's okay alright?" Lucas chuckled.