Chapter 7

Luke's POV

I nodded slowly trying to reassure myself that she would be okay as Kelsey and I walked outside. As I walked outside the ambulance was still here and my mother and father were arguing in Arabic, Jax gripping onto my father's leg. "What's going on?" I questioned. They both stopped their heated argument, to glance at me.

"Nothing Luke." My mother clearly lied to me as she sent an icy glare towards my father.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "are we really going to do this now? In front of everyone." My father clenched his jaw and his sharp gaze landed on me for a moment and then drifted off from me to the girl next to me. His cold gaze halted on the short girl next to me. I watched my father take in her appearance, his nose twitched and I assumed he was pondering over who Kelsey could be and how she knew me. "Why hasn't the ambulance left?" I raise an eyebrow and my father snaps out of his stare.

My mother looks at the ambulance worriedly, "oh yes. Someone has to go. I'll go." She spoke rather slowly as if she was trying to process something.

"I want Luke!" Maddison's scream was heard from inside the ambulance.

My mother opened her mouth but I shook my head, "no it's fine. I should go. You've got Jax to take care of."

"I'll take your friend home." My father looked Kelsey up and down as she shyly hid her face behind me.

"No." I shook my head fiercely. "She's coming with me."

My father, for once in his life, looked defeated and didn't say anything else on the matter. "Have you asked the poor girl Luke?" My father chuckled, showing off his pearly white teeth. I cocked my head to the side slightly. Seriously? One minute he's glaring and the next he's laughing-well that was a faux chuckle. Anyone could tell that was fake.

"Would you like to accompany me to the hospital?" I turned to a shy Kelsey, who latched onto my arm and turned with me.

"Yes, p-please." She mumbled against my sleeve.

I gave my father an 'all knowing' look and he rolled his eyes at me. "Here are my keys to the rover." I threw the keys to my father and he caught them swiftly. I walked towards the ambulance with Kelsey and sat down next to my sister slowly.

"What if I can't dance again? Or do gymnastics?" Was the first thing that she said once the doors closed. Maddison took her arm away from her face and I could finally see her face. All her makeup had stained her arm and most of it had ended up on different/wrong places on her face.

"Maddie you'll be fine."

"No Luke you don't understand." She snapped. "This is the only thing I'm good at! I can't do anything else! I'm not like you Luke. I can't just pick up something and be instantly good at it. I was going to be an Olympian. What if I can't do that? I have nothing else to do. I'm going to end up leeching off of my parents like everyone predicted-"

I quickly intervened in her self-pity rant. "You're not going to leech off of anybody." I rolled my eyes. "Maddison you're good at many things. Exceptionally good at many things. You're smarter than you think and you're very athletic. You could pick up something right this minute without you even trying." I cautiously removed her hand from her face and held it, my thumb grazing over the back of her hand in a soothing manner. "You have to stop comparing yourself to me. I'm two years older than you and I'm not all that good Maddy. You're much better than me."