11. Mad

Eliza's POV

I've been talking to Ryland for a little over two weeks. Him being my friend at this time of my life is the best thing that I could've asked for. He has been really sweet towards me for the most part. 

"Eliza your mother told me to tell you that we are leaving," George said as he leaned in my doorway. Looking at him, I sighed. He took that as my acknowledgment and closed the door. I had the whole house to myself. That was the only benefit of Noel and Nolan being gone. But it does get lonely sometimes. Well, most of the time.

As I scrolled through Instagram, Nolan's picture popped up on my screen notifying me that he wanted to facetime. I sat up and accepted it.

"Hey, how ya doing little E?" I saw his smile on the screen. Well at least one of us is happy, I thought.

"I'm doing good," I lied. I tried to smile to convince him, but he noticed my bluff. Huffing and shaking his head he put his earphones on.

"You can talk to me you know."

"How can I know that?"

"We tell each other everything. You, me, Noel."

"How is he?"

"He's fine. Don't change the subject."

"That's good to know. You want to talk about something else."

"E," Nolan huffed, his jaw ticking a little. I let out a laugh. I was glad that I was annoying him.

"What?" I noticed he started walking around the house that he was at, mumbling to himself a little. He went into an empty room and looked dead into my eyes.

"What is your problem?" He yelled at me.

"I am mad at you and Noel."

"What did we do. We're not even there."

"Exactly. You are not here."

"Huh?"

"You and Noel are having the times of your lives while I here with mother and her stupid husband. Not to mention you basically moved out after the whole dad thing came out. Do you know how hard that was for me? I broke up with my boyfriend which you don't know about since you guys practically left the day after you graduated. So I'm not happy with you guys. I know I won't be as close as you are to each other but... You have each other all the time and when I needed you the most you left, only calling me every so often and for a few minutes. I miss you guys. I miss us." 

I was practically sobbing at the point forward. It was hard for me to tell him this. Especially after holding it in for a long time.

"E..." he started.

"You and Noel could have invited me," I said, sniffling.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm going to go now." Hanging up I threw my phone on my bed and hopped off to get some food. Going into the kitchen I beelined for the fridge. Looking inside it, I decided to make a sandwich. Once I was done I sat on my couch and started to watch Catfish. Kai and I would watch this almost all the time. Actually, I think the first time I went over to his house we watched this show. 

When the guy said, "Well you got me there." I almost died from laughter. After the confrontation, I turned it off. I don't like watch the "solution" part when I'm mad because it never fails to make me even more pissed off. 

I went upstairs to get ready for bed. Actually, it's more like me on my phone until I get too tired to keep my eyes open. After I was done I grabbed my phone, looking forward to another night. I noticed I had two new notifications.