12. Delete

Kai's POV

I met Ellen at the local Mexican food joint. It was Josh's favorite. Speaking of Josh, the boy was mooching rides off of me lately. He was too scared to get his license but too lazy to catch the bus.

Making my way toward the restaurant I saw Ellen on her phone still. Walking up to the door I knocked on her window. Looking up at me, she gave me a bright smile. Hopping out of her car, she engulfed me in a hug that could give a boa constrictor a run for its money. 

"Peanut! I haven't seen you in forever." Josh snickers as soon as he heard peanut.

"I saw you last week Ellen and stop with the peanut thing," I said as I rolled my eyes. She hit my arm in a playful manner and turned to Josh. She looked at me, cueing me to introduce him.

"Ellen this is my coworker Josh." She took his hand and gave it a good shake. He looked at me smiling. He lifted her hand, giving it a little kiss.

"How do you do beautiful?" Blushing Ellen walked into the restaurant, getting a table for three. The host brought us to a table and we ordered right away. As we waited for our food Josh decided to make conversation.

"So how do you know my Kai," Josh questioned Ellen. She furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Your Kai?" she questioned. I looked a Josh and laughed.

"Yes."

"Well, we used to date."

"Kai. You didn't say anything about that. Now, this is awkward."

"Yeah in your made up world," I responded as I played with my straw. This strawberry lemonade was bomb.

"Well then, I'm going to use the big boy's room. While I'm gone think about what you said." And with that, he was gone.

"I didn't know you were bi," Ellen said looking in my eyes, hurt.

"I'm not."

"So you're gay?"

"No. I'm straight Ellen."

"Good. Cause if you didn't tell me you were gay or bi I would feel hurt. Ya know. Cause I thought we would be able to tell each other anything." I grabbed her hand and she looked up from the table. Since we dated she knew what that meant and smiled. I missed her. Even though we were not together I still loved her as a friend.

"Okay." At that moment Josh came back and started talking about his father or something. The rest of the night was nice. Josh and Ellen got along well and kind of hit it off. At least when he wasn't being all up on me. I knew he was joking but the dude was so annoying.

After I dropped him off I made my way back home. I was getting really tired and couldn't wait to get into my bed. As I made my way I saw my mom in the kitchen and decided to talk to her for a little bit.

"Hey ma," I greeted, going in for a hug.

"Hey," she breathed.

"Is dad here?"

"Yeah. He's sleeping."

"How was your day?"

"Great. I got a new client so I'm happy. And your dad got me those flowers that I like for my office."

"That's nice."

"How are you?"

"I'm getting there." She came towards me and put her hand on my cheek.

"It gets better baby." I leaned in her hand a little.

"I loved her so much ma."

"I know. But you have to move on. You have your whole life ahead of you. And who knows what could happen. Now get some sleep." She gave me a kiss and shooed me out if the kitchen.

When I got upstairs I thought about what my mom said. Maybe I should just move on. Taking out my phone I decided to start deleting the photos of us. I started on my phone. Then I made my way to Instagram. I started to delete all of them but as I got towards the one where she was smiling with an ice cream cone, I couldn't. That was the day she said she loved me.

"Thanks for the treat," Eliza said as I walked her to her door. 

"No problem E." I took her into my arms and planted a kiss on her neck. She relaxed into my arms and began to hug me back. I pulled away first, grabbing her shoulders and looking into her eyes. I bent down a little planting a kiss on her lips. 

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." Pointing my head towards her house I slowly started to pull away from her.

"I love you."

It was the best day of my life. After much debating myself, I left it up there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I have planned out all the chapters until the end! Yay me. So now I have a guide and I have to say it looks promising. Thank you for ready this and encouraging me to update. I also will like to thank random DMV guy. Though our time was small it was impactful. With love.

What do you think about Ellen?

Should Kai have deleted the photo?

Will Josh ever stop being silly?